View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-05-2015, 03:37 PM

One word in particular seemed to sting him the most. My friend. Was that really what she thought of him? The way she said it didn't make it sound any better either. As if him being a drow was the problem. He never saw her as a discriminating type but there were firsts for everything. Not to mention, elves and drows have always had a long standing history of hating the other. Whatever was he thinking--trying to flirt with her. Drow now regretted walking her home. No, he regretted that kiss more. It was foolish to think anything of them. There was no way she would stoop to his level. There was no way she would fall in love with a drow.

"Really?" His flirty features were gone as he looked at her. "The few times I've been here--I believe that number is three--I've only ever seen you." He slid his hands over his chest in a cocky manner. "Looks like your fellow student leaders aren't so keen on doing their share of the work. No wonder you're always so busy. Would explain why you're eager to recruit anyone for help with this forthcoming ball."

Then came the next comment. "Very well," he said just as curtly as she had been speaking. If she was going to throw attitude in his face for being nice, then he would do the same back. Saith wasn't the kind of person to be 'the better man.' He would play the same, childish game. Yeah, it was immature but Saith didn't care. If one wouldn't show him an ounce of compassion or fun, he saw no need to be polite and kind to another. More so over the fact that he had been complimenting her and was literally told to stop. Who rejected such kindness, especially from a stranger who's known for being an ass. It was like Mae was purposely trying to push the drow away.

He disregarded her next comment about class because, as she pointed out, flattering (or rather flirting as he took it) wasn't something she was fond of. If that was the game she wanted to play, he would abide by it. Not because he wanted to. No, if he had his way, he would still flirt. Rather, he would obey because he didn't want to drive a wedge between them. As much as it pained him, he would rather keep her as a friend than lose her altogether.

Still, his mind kept wondering where that tone came from. Was he missing something? Was Mae purposely doing this, as he previously thought. If so...

No, he couldn't walk down that train of thought. There was no way she was guarding her heart because she, too, had a crush. Saith kept asking himself if it was possible. The way it all just came to a jarring stop made it hard to judge. Maybe this was her retaliation for the kiss. Her way of 'kindly' letting him known she wasn't interested.

Then again, maybe she was just as lost as he was. A swirl of emotions and thoughts.

As he realized he feel silent, he spoke up.

"Who takes a class from 2 to 6 on a Friday night?" He cocked a brow before glancing at the clock. "Had I known, I would have offered to bring lunch instead of flowers to liven this place up." Saith's voice lost that spark it had before. It sounded like he was distracted. Like his mind was elsewhere. And it was. He was torn with emotions. Should he truly heed her comment about flattery? Or should he just... do what he always did.

"So," his seductive blue eyes came back and locked on Mae's orbs. "I presume it's safe to assume that you'll be returning back to this office after hours. It'll be after 5 so it'll likely be just you and me. Alone." He glanced at his nails. "Shall I get some sustenance?" The corner of his lip flickered, offering just a quick, devious grin. Whatever came next, Mae had to know it was going to be related to something she said earlier. She was likely praying that it wasn't her vague attempt to flirt. But this was Saith. He was the master of pick-up-lines, conning the way into one's heart, and being that bad boy girls swooned for. Of course he would take her line and throw it right back in her face.

"If you leave that pleasure up to me, you will regret it for I'll give you a show that will distract your mind to the point of no return. You'll find that I can be very," his voice took on a devious inflection, sounding almost theatrical in such, "creative." The way his lashes accented those taunting blue orbs truly gave way to the drow's notorious fame. Lips twirling up at the edges, he waited to see just how she would react for her response and gestures would be the door to the truth--was this a one-sided thing or did Mae share the same mixed emotions as he.