View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Mae wasn't late for class. Of course she wasn't, having left (fleeing) the council room well before she needed to. But it was a good excuse to escape the embarrassing and annoying situations she seemed to get in one after another today. What she didn't know that the worst was yet to come... With sigh, setting down in her usual seat, she dropped her bag in the lap, taking out the necessary things. For the debates, chairs were usually put in a circle and few had already arrived. She had been greeted rather warmly, but didn't feel up to chit-chat.

It was soon after that her phone began buzzing softly. Both Silvana and Saith had decided to pester her through the class. The brunette actually let the matter go after Mae reminding she is in class, but the drow couldn't be stopped. What's worse, his texts were so silly she wanted to chuckle at some of them. Breathing sigh of relief when professor proclaimed it was time for small break between subjects she leaned back in her chair, just as her phone buzzed anew.

"Lacrimae, you are not quite yourself today. I nearly made you step back in that last debate," one of the men spoke up. He was the intelligent, polite type that she could nearly call her friend. Half of the class swooned over him, raven haired and bright blue eyed, with perfect manners, but he was too busy with studies and rejected them kindly. In the first year, everyone thought they had a thing going on and, honestly, it would make a lot more sense than her and... Well, nevermind, she wasn't going there! Saith and her... Well, there was no reason for her to even consider such a possibility.

"I am fine, Leonhart, just a bit overwhelmed with my duties to arrange the ball," Mae told him with small smile. "Oh, is it the duties sending you text with "What better alibi could you have than spending the night with me?" with winky face?" someone suddenly spoke behind her. Realizing she had opened her messages, but not read the last one, the woman shot up straight and immediately exited the page on phone. "That would be none of your business, John, you should focus on learning some manners instead," she spoke coldly with frown.

"Well, if you are truly so exhausted, the prosecution can rest... at my place tonight," another guy chimed in, grinning and Mae barely suppressed a groan. "I wouldn't mind if you sued pants off of me, Lacrimae," John smirked, feeling amazingly smart, obviously. "How about you two grow up first? Besides, no one wants to see your Flash boxer shorts, John," elf rebuked, making the human blush furiously as he was reminded of an incident year ago. The group broke out in laughter and, thankfully, the professor returned at that moment.

Rest of the class passed fine, she did her best to focus on the subject and leave the room as quickly as she could after it ended. Her pace walking back to council room was slow, as if she was deliberately trying to postpone her arrival. Honestly, what if Saith really waited for her there? Sun only knew what he could have done with that place or what he had in mind. And still, she immediately went to smooth her hair at the thought of him waiting for her, even though the woman cursed at herself for it next second.

She'd just tell him she was too exhausted for any of his nonsense, which was actually entirely true, and quickly tidy up her papers, take part of the work to dorm and leave. In, out. Nothing difficult. But his seductive expression replayed in her mind again and again, making her heart beat just a bit faster. Coming to the door of the room, she paused and took a deep breath. Honestly, what had this man and stress reduced her to!? Opening doors, she marched inside.