View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 PM

She had planned to walk in all fire and certainty, but a step in the room and she froze. Eyes growing wide, Mae took in the sight before her, at first not even noticing Saith before he spoke. This had to be the wrong room, it just had to be... Her body was ready to spin on heel and leave, to make sure this was the correct place, as if dismissing what Saith had just said in her shocked state, when dark elf suddenly moved to her side. She jumped slightly when he touched her arm, barely managing to keep from gasping, but let him lead her.

"What happened here?" she asked, before taking her seat, strangely obediently. She sounded a little cautious, but more confused and even stunned than anything else. At his silent inquiry about their drinks, she actually hesitated before shaking head slightly. It wasn't that she was against alcohol, but it could be a bad combination with... All of this. Sun only knew what she would end up slightly buzzed in this romantic movie setting alone with him. This thought sent her heart beating fast again, blush spreading through her cheeks although in the dim light it was not so apparent. Honestly, the scent of all the flowers was already making her lightheaded as it was.

Listening to his explanation silently, she tried to put her thoughts and emotions in order, but the alarm bells that were ringing in her head were somehow muted and Lacrimae couldn't make much sense of what she felt.

"So, all of this is your handiwork... Are you sure you are not genie of sorts?" she laughed softly, eyes still sliding over the completely changed surroundings. "I cannot believe this is the same room," her tone was honest and there definitely was admiration as Mae focused back on her dinner partner, "I think it is time I admit my defeat; you have me bested in organizing events."

Elf woman didn't admit someone being better than her often, in fact, it hadn't happened in years. But this time, she was willing to. And to think, he did something like this for her... Oh, it couldn't be just for her, but her heart decided it would perceive it so, heating up more and more as she looked at Saith. Silvana would say he looked good enough to eat... Oh, food. Right. That was why they were here. Placing a bit of everything from the first entree on her plate, she took a careful bite of the steak and froze again, before swallowing the meat that seemed to burst with flavor in her mouth, enjoying it to the last bit. "This absolutely delicious!" she admitted. Continuing the tasting, her wonder never ceased. "Are you sure these caterers are in our price range? I do think that salmon is special from a place I had decided to check, but still..."

Part of her cursed that even now she couldn't stop thinking about the ball and work, but rest of her helplessly clung to it like one might to life-raft in shark invested waters. Except the sharks happened to be one exceptionally handsome man... Wait, when did he go from not-too-bad-looking to exceptionally handsome in her book? This light and setting were definitely flattering Saith and she suddenly felt way too plain, in her white with delicate rose pattern sleeveless shirt and green jeans, with nearly no makeup. Trying to stop thinking about that, Mae focused on her food. "I did read your messages, I just couldn't respond. But I think you handled the law enforcers well enough," she joked.

"I must warn you, my tastes are incredibly boring: I love vanilla and strawberry ice cream, nothing can be better than coffee in the morning, but evenings and rainy days wouldn't be complete without steaming mug of tea. Any tea, really. And I don't think I've ever been to Wu Shu Cafe. So, your turn now. Same questions." Oh no, this was feeling more and more like a date! Was this his way of getting that dinner she had denied him? If so... It was insanely clever. After all, they were 'working' right now, she couldn't even deny him. Now that she thought about it, how come saying no hadn't even crossed her mind, even when she felt like this just had to be a trap? Where did her caution go when together with this man?

"I have never had such a delicious meal in my life," she admitted to him when they had gotten to the ravioli, for some reason a slightest tinge of sadness settled in corners of her smile. For her, food was means to sustain one self, not something she experimented with. In a sense, this was a journey of discovery not a mere meal for the elf woman, finding that her taste-buds could actually experience something like this. And she also found out she could remain nervously excited for abnormally long time. She was both enjoying herself and being nervous about how she looked, moved, talked... Sure, it was hard if not near impossible to tell she was anxious, decades of practicing public speaking and disguising her emotions, but she herself knew and that was enough.

But what about him? Saith looked so calm and collected, was it something he did often? Arranged lavish dates with women and patiently, with smile, waited till they swooned and fell in his arms? Prick of... Something stabbed in her heart, either anger, doubt or jealousy. Mae decided not to guess which one. It would be stupid to ruin this... Whatever it was by such musings.

Last edited by sadrain; 10-06-2015 at 06:06 PM..