View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 AM

"I am not worried, I have no reason to be," she scoffed slightly at the suggestion, but she didn't draw away from his touch. She should have, she always did, but while she tensed up just a bit, her hand remained where it had been. It was not the first surprise of tonight, it would not be the last. As she listened to Saith, she came to conclusion he really loved to talk and did so strangely sincerely. It wasn't what the elf had heard, though. He was mysterious vagabond that swept women off their feet and left before they learned anything about them. Even the guys knew hardly anything about him, with the exception of his roommate, but he didn't share anything either.

Although she enjoyed the food immensely, her attention was on him, reacting to his jokes and revelations with surprising forwardness. As he spoke of his parents, sadness entered her eyes and woman struggled to find what to say. She couldn't just say "but at least you have some memories"... And as he so quickly changed topic, she also didn't manage to say anything about it.

"And what do you think you're doing with your coffee? That's blasphemy, if you ask me," Mae's voice was full with mock disdain, when he said that he didn't ruin his tea. Honestly, how could someone have that much of a sweet teeth? Not that she didn't like a bit of sugar in her coffee as well, but black was also always a good option. In any case, it was hard to keep a straight face with all these dramatic expressions and gestures Saith was pulling and the woman found herself laughing more than she had in a long, long time.

"Well, we are having dinner now, aren't we," she said but came to immediately regret it, realizing it could sound as if she did think of this as a date or something. But what was said was said and she could as well finish her thought. "Besides, I doubt the meal could be better than this." There was a challenging gleam in her eyes, as if Mae expected him to try and prove this statement wrong. What was she doing was beyond even her, maybe she was just testing his reaction and she shouldn't read more into her own words, but considering how she usually spoke only what she knew would bring her firm opinion across or get the result she wanted, this experimenting was rather unusual.

"I believe I actually ran into him this morning, but I can't say his first impression matches how you describe him. Still, I can tell your friendship is indeed a strong one," elf woman spoke with slightly dismissing tone at first which then transformed into gentler smile, thinking that if it indeed had been Kevlar, he was very set on believing in and wanting his friend's happiness... Although, in that case she would have to take Saith's words of worrying about competition seriously and the thought made her heart stupidly skip a beat as blush rose to her cheeks again. Thankfully, the dim light should hide that.

In next moment, she was stiffling laughter again at his 'new found' accent and manners. Bowing her head so hair would hide her face at least a bit, she laughed, hand covering mouth. Honestly, what had gotten into her? She hadn't even drank the champagne, but somehow it had gotten so easy to laugh and talk with him... When dark elf stopped laughing himself, explaining his opinion, she nodded slightly. "I do not think you have to change anything to compete," the woman said, only then realizing it might sound a bit too much like she was complimenting him. Good thing he quickly brought up the music.

"So this is why you complained about horrible music," Mae concluded. Tilting head to the familiar starting notes, she smiled, but then got up to help him with the dishes. It really didn't take much time with them together and she helped even if he protested. Soon, they sat down to the papers and at his suggestion she frowned slightly. Why did he offer truth or lie first, as if poking at the fact she didn't seem very adventurous? Feeling bold, she stared at the man for a second and then said: "Truth or dare. I will start and I pick dare." There was that nearly challenging gleam in her eyes again.

Perhaps Cain noticed a strange pattern in the parties that Marwo had breezed through, as he followed her trail. It seemed that while she was there, the party reached a new high and then, somehow overboiled, foam spilling over the cup and extinguishing the party spirit. Fights and jealousy scenes broke out, petty arguments or people just passing out without any reason (at least at this time of party)... In any case, by time she left, everything was either in the highest throes before fizzling or already dying out.

The last party that she was still at was about to fall apart as well, red-haired woman staring into arguing mass of people with malicious eyes. It wasn't that she literally fed off the malcontent, she didn't even come to parties with clear intent to ruin them, but somehow, someone always pissed her off, with too freely wandering hands when she had not given permission or otherwise being a total a**hole (not necessarily only to her).

And it was so easy it really would be a waste not to use the chance. A simple adjustment to blood pressure or how easily one succumbed to alcohol and there you have it... It was especially entertaining since she herself never even got really tipsy, not finding much joy in the feeling. Seeing others spill everything and reveal just who they are while drunk was a lot more interesting. Smirking at the unfolding scene, Marwolaeth decided it was time to take leave. Finishing her drink, the burning sensation familiar in her throat, she exited, hips enticingly swaying. Her last dance partner that had been by her side all this time, but whom she had thoroughly ignored, apparently took it as an invite to follow.

"I was thinkin' when you'd want to move our conversation to more private spot," he leered, immediately trying to back her up in a wall and kiss her. Marwo's hand pressed in his throat, her eyes narrowing: "Did I hint you can follow me or touch me?" Her tone was dark, dangerous, but of course the man missed it, something he would have to regret.

"Now, don't play coy," he slurred, hand pulling forcefully at front of her button-up dress, buttons popping open. But before he even managed to touch her creamy skin, his head was taken in firm grasp and smashed into wall, facefirst. Knocked out and with broken nose, the man slid down, ending up in a slump. Not even bothering to arrange her clothes immediately, Marwo touched stain of blood on the wall, bringing it to her lips and tasting, before making a disgusted face.

Turning around, her hands starting to button up the dress of black, leathery material, so it would cover her blood red bra, her eyes finally landed on Cain. Looping a thumb behind the silver and red belt, she approached - more like stalked - towards pink haired man. "You are following me," she stated in a low voice, not even questioning anymore. "Why?" The gleam in her eyes that now shone nearly abnormally in low light had gotten dangerous.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~