View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:11 PM

Dorian's keen gaze tracked the little details about the other's body language: the initial tensing and how he wouldn't take his eyes away, then how he seemed to refuse to even turn to face him later on. These were easy for him to see, but without having tested the man thoroughly enough, he didn't quite yet know what they meant. Dorian would only assume. Akio's tensing and refusal to allow his gaze to stray from his form at first must've been his body's natural defense to the news. Good. Either that, or some mix of disgust and regret. However, his neglect of even turning to face him as he moved was a curious thing. Whether it was some ounce of pride or dignity, or just a show of bravery, Dorian wasn't yet aware. Curious thing, you are. Finger tapping his cheek, he tilted his head slightly as he observed his new prisoner.

"Ah! Valiant indeed, this is true, but what good does valiance do the dead?" He replied with a rush of enthusiasm, agreeing in his own way. It would seem odd to admit any good quality in humans, anything making them worth keeping around, but Dorian was one to speak his mind. His mind told him they were entertainment. It could be seen as a soft spot, if he didn't usually display it in such a sinister way. "I'll give you a hint. In the pit, it does you nothing." He continued, his speech slowing for a moment as his thoughts brushed a topic of mild discomfort. "Nothing." Then a grin relit his face, and he was back to his casually confident self. He needed to properly test this young man, not allow himself to lose focus like he nearly had. How silly of him.

As Akio spoke up again, on the idea of all lacking an absolute presence and the power of man, Dorian quirked a curious eyebrow in his direction. He even so dared to make eye contact now? Noted. His golden gaze danced with both curiosity and amusement, though his grin subsided as he became thoughtful. Crossing his arms, he nodded a little in agreement, finding what he'd said thought-provoking but nonetheless futile. Nevertheless, he did admit some worth in his words. "Nothing is absolute, except for the fact that none of us are." He rephrased what he'd said in short, then shrugged, "I like it, actually." Then he paused, chuckling and shaking his head. "Are you speaking of the war? Heavens, no, dear A-ki-o," He weighted the different syllables in a boyish manner, his tone lacking the mocking note of earlier. He was just being himself, quite playful. "I don't aim to win any wars. I don't aim to wipe of humanity... I only aim to live as I please." Dorian spoke truthfully. Though he did look down on humanity, if it were reduced to rubble, what on earth would he do?

"Mmh, men can be strong indeed. They certainly can overpower demons, even celestials, on some occasions." He paused there to think for a moment before taking a few steps towards the center of the room and swiping his hand before him. A portal there appeared, and his rather ghoulish companion Samuel entered the room hesitantly. "In fact, I'd like to test the theory. You make the choice for me, whether you'd like to see it or not." He continued, still speaking to Akio before turning to his servant. "Samuel, see that there is one survivor and fetch me him. A strong man, one of the samurai leaders."

"Yes, sire." He waited not a moment more before stepping back through the portal, leaving it to disappear.

Smiling in a genuine, but devious manner, Dorian turned to look over Akio. "How about it? He'll find me one of your leaders, and possess him. The possession will take a rough toll on the man, certainly put him through strenuous mental torture... but not enough that he can't manage riding to tell the king of what happened. He'll die some time after reaching the palace, if he's still possessed by then, in a painful, grotesque manner, unless he somehow overrides Samuel and takes control." He explained calmly, eyes focused in on him to read reactions. "Or, I'll kill him painlessly. You choose."

As he finished speaking, a portal opened up behind him with a wounded soldier being lead in by Samuel.

Glancing over his shoulder to head in the direction of the two, Dorian chuckled. "What'll it be, Akio?"