View Single Post
Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 PM

They were closing in on the destination, and already Megumi felt her stomach flip and twist in pure panic. Megumi slumped in her seat, why did she even think this was such a good idea? That month ago when she excitedly decided to go on with her friend thinking it was going to be so fun. Megumi cursed her past self for being so stupid. She hadn't mentally prepared herself to be so far away from home yet, and here she was, a mere mile or so away from the destination, headed to a camp she had just heard of from her friend.

The car suddenly stopped and her head went forward and hit the passengers seat. "いたい!" She yelped, moving her head back and rubbing her head. She looked out the window and her heart froze. Here it was, the camp she was supposed to go to for the next month or so. Her heart was beating at a mile a minute and she slumped away from the window before anyone could see her looking outside. To her distaste, her parents opened the car door and gave her a sorry smile. All Megumi could muster was a angry glare as she took her satchel and got out of the car. The noirette didn't have a second to ask questions as her parents pointed her in the direction of the kitchen and she was pushed off there while her parents unloaded her stuff.

First thing on her list was to locate her friend. She quickly picked up her pace, and with a tight grip on her shoulder bag, scurried into the building. As soon as she opened the door, a blast of enticing aromas hit her like a ton of bricks. She almost started to drool. After two days of traveling and crappy hotel food, she had never been so happy to smell homemade foreign cooking. She looked around, trying to locate the source of the wonderful smells, and locked on the buffet of food on the other side. Mouth watering, she hurried over to the table of food and grabbed two plates. It may not seem like it, but the petite dolly can eat a lot of things. After the last incident of skipping meals due to studying, she had been forced to eat at any moment possible, and developed an addiction of sorts.

Megumi's eyes twinkled as she gazed upon the large selection. "Oh what should I fill up my plates with?" She licked her lips as her eyes darted to and from the different foods. "French toast, waffles, strawberries, bacon, eggs!" She clapped her hands quietly,"This place is heaven!" She exclaimed quietly with glee, filling one plate with french toast and bacon, and the other with a large waffle, topped with whipped cream and drizzled over with syrup. Megumi smiled at her food selection, it was too perfect.

Now she needed a place to set the food down. She really wanted to go find her friend, but her food was heavy, and she could only hold it for so long. After quickly grabbing a fork and placing it carefully on top of the french toast, she picked up the plates and tried to find a table that had a free space open. She seated herself accordingly, at the end of the table, and more people filtered in to her table, but she chose to eat instead of make conversation. The first few bites made her shiver in pure bliss. "Uwah, おいしい!" she mumbled. It was so fluffy, it was soft and chewy and melted in her mouth. She was almost halfway done before another woman seated herself before her.

Megumi gave her a small smile in courtesy, Suzanna was her name? It was such a long English sentence that she couldn't completely understand what she was saying. "U-um, yes....I'm...Megumi.... です." She said nervously, くそ! I added です at the end, えいご Megu えいご! She thought. "Ah sorry sorry, I'm Megumi." She stuffed another french toast strip in her mouth, trying to translate what Suzanna had said into Japanese. "Ah, counselor? Ah, that's good to know, はじめまして. Oh I mean, nice to meet you Suzanna-san."

[Translations!]
いたい(itai)- Ouch.
おいしい(oishii)- Delicious.
です(desu)- it's almost like the period at the end of the sentence. Makes a sentence very polite.
えいご(eigo)- English.
はじめまして(hajimemashite)- Nice to meet you, more for first time meeting.
くそ(kuso)- Shit.