View Single Post
x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・ο)

Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriise View Post
My character is a knight from the Dark Court of Oberon. I have taken the liberty of interpreting the underlying war between Oberon and Titania as a possible inter-court war, between the traditional Seelie and Unseelie, or Light and Dark.

Shakespeare, known as a keen observer of true nature, was not one for two dimensional characters. In this play, his faeries are capable of poisoning on a whim and using humans for sport. Therefore, Oberon, Unseelie King, King of Faeries, would have loyal and dark knights. These knights would bely the Victorian image of the soft, shining flower-picking type.

My Unseelie knight is wearing typical clothing fit for the knight courts. Court faeries are elegant, bored, merciless, and have insatiable appetites for both revelry and violence. The glass of wine and the rapier represent those pastimes.

He has the ears and tail of a cat, rather than wings of a sparrow, moth, or scales of a fish. Different glamours, or magical disguises, were created by each creature to match its personality. Animalian glamours were common, and even humans are sometimes submitted (Bottom).

His eyes are red-traditionally, there is always some way to see the difference between humans and Fey. His hair is silver, representing his true age.

The collar around his neck represents the life-binding to his court and to Oberon.

EDIT: We can MAC them? Oh dear, what a spendthrift I could have been.
Here are my cosplays of Oberon, Titania, Titania's Court, Puck, Bottom, and the six main human characters.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qd4mk6.jpg
I need seperate images. ^^;

I take that back. It's on page 3. ^^;

But I need a description of THE AVATAR. Not the character in the story. ^^'

Miss Ember; Only one avatar per category please. ^^

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-25-2008 at 07:19 PM..