View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2024, 08:28 PM

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Today I had to take Yuna to the vet for her dental visit. I hate so much when I have to take and leave her at the vet because the apartment always feels super empty without her even though she doesn't take up that much room or make that much noise. They called me in the late morning to say that they would have to take out some teeth. I thought it was only going to be like 3-4 teeth but when I went to pick her up I found out that they had taken 8! That's a lot of teeth... I felt so bad for her but I was happy to have her home.

In the evening we went to this candlelight concert. It was a string quartet playing scores by Hans Zimmer. It was pretty cool! My favorites were of course Time from Inception and the Cornfield Chase from Interstellar. I've never seen Dunkirk but the song they played from that was also super interesting.

Friday, January 12, 2024

Today was so/so. We were supposed to have a shortened work day because of it being a holiday weekend but I had a hard time focusing and worked in sort spurts and didn't really feel like I got a lot done. In between I cleaned the entire apartment because my boyfriend's family is arriving for a visit tonight and I was afraid that his Asian mom would judge me if things weren't up to snuff, lol. It was a lot though and I was pretty tired after everything. He wanted me to stay up for their arrival but their flight kept getting delayed so finally I just went to bed.

Saturday, January 13, 2024

It was kind of weird waking up this morning to guests being here that I hadn't welcomed in the night before. It didn't take long for my boyfriend's mom to start asking when we were going to buy a house and when we are going to have a baby. I don't understand why she asks me these things instead of asking him. It was very uncomfortable. We all got ready to leave in the morning for a weekend in Dallas. The drive down felt longer than I was anticipating. It might be because I couldn't really understand anything being said with my boyfriend's mom only speaking Mandarin. After a while I got tired of it and put in my headphones to listen to more of my latest audiobook. On the last leg of the trip we stopped at Buccee's which was fun. I haven't been there in ages. We stocked up on all our favorite snacks.

Once we arrived in Dallas, we went to the hotel to check in and rest for a little bit and then headed out for the Asian district. I was super excited to find that they have a Kinokuniya!!! I took a browse around but it wasn't really up to par with the other stores I've been to and wayyy overcrowded. Still, I ended up getting a couple of books and a small Totoro washcloth.

After that we went to dinner. It was Sichuan style cuisine. We got spicy chicken and garlic eggplant and egg drop soup and a few other things that I didn't eat. It wasn't as good as some of the other places I've been but I did really like the eggplant. After diner we went to Daiso. I was sooo excited to find that they had a ton of Jinbeisan stuff! He's one of my favorite San-X characters. I bought pretty much everything I could find plus a bunch of stickers and a little tent for Yuna, lol! We also browsed around Tesco. It was interesting but I didn't get anything there. Finally we headed back to the hotel to turn in for the night.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

I had a really hard time waking up this morning. Finally we went down to breakfast. We didn't have any plans for the day so we discussed different things to do. In the end we went to the aquarium first. It was soooo cold outside OMG. The aquarium was really cool though, they had tons of exotic birds and other small animals. The actual fish part was eh but I really enjoyed it. Afterwards we got BBQ for lunch. It was ok but not really my thing. After that, we debated what to do and ended up going to this art museum. Usually I really like art museums but I was so tired and the cold was really draining my energy so I ended up just finding a quiet corner to sit down while the others browsed the exhibits. On the way back to the hotel we grabbed cookies from this place called Society Cookie. They were really yummy! I ate half of mine and then lay down for a nap. Afterwards it seemed like no one really wanted to get dinner but I hadn't eaten as much BBQ as everyone else so my boyfriend took me out and we got salads and fresh squeezed juice which was yummy and then turned in for the night.

Monday, January 15, 2024

This morning we woke up to snow. I wasn't expecting that because it wasn't in the forecast so that kind of put a damper on everything else for the day. We ended up voting to just leave early instead of doing anything more in Dallas because we were worried that the weather might make it a difficult drive home. I started getting overstimulated in the car almost immediately. We were back to the loud Mandarin and I was not doing well. I put my headphones back in to listen to more of my audiobook. We made another quick stop at Buccee's and McDonalds for lunch and finally made it home around 4pm. I was very happy to be back but still struggling with being overstimulated. I wanted to use my desk but my boyfriend and his brother were playing video games so I opted to take a shower instead and then my boyfriend's mom ended up getting in the other shower and the water turned icy. I was not happy. After such a long cold weekend I just wanted to freaking shower in peace but no. And then I couldn't even lay in bed and warm up afterwards because Yuna had drooled on the blankets following her surgery and I had to put them in the wash. It was not a good evening. I ended up spending most of it behind closed doors until it was time to go to bed.