View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:11 AM

As he caught a glimpse of her rubbing her cheeks, Kiernan's curiosity peaked as he looked her over. Was she itching? As her reasoning for doing so was explained, he smiled and let out a small laugh. "Well, I do have to say I'm glad you've been smiling. It's a shame you haven't done it more so at home." He spoke warmly, though he wasn't sure what to say of her home. It didn't seem that she had a good opinion of it, based on her earlier complaints and the fact that she hadn't wanted to bring it up earlier. He almost waned to ask, but refrained from doing so. Kiernan was conscious that he wanted to see her continue to smile, and if that place didn't accomplish that, then he wouldn't bring it up. It wasn't worth questioning, at that risk.

Kiernan listened to her intently, nodding slightly as she spoke, trying to conjure up this 'other world' of hers. Just how far she could have possibly traveled alluded him, but the question was also how she got here, especially with her apparent dislike of horses. Puzzled, he tried sorting it all through in his mind. However, as she stopped, as did he. Blinking in surprise as her voice trailed off, he turned on his heel to face her instantly. "You... think?" He prompted, unsure of what to make of it. He didn't wish to make assumptions, but by the way her arm tightened on his shoulder, he could only do so. A slow smile spread over his face, a heartstring of his plucked into an anxious sort of rhythm at her words. He could only wonder how to react to this, what was proper in their situation. These thoughts on propriety and what he should do ceased at the sight of her reddened features.

With a tender gaze, his eyes quietly studied her face for several moments before he spoke up. "That means a lot from you, Numira, I..." Kiernan had a bit of trouble wording what he wished to say right, his free hand gently moving to trail along the side of her face in a simple caress. It stopped at her chin, thumb just below it when... Damn! A slight frown overtook his lips at this interruption, leading him to sight softly. "I guess it can't be helped." He spoke almost apologetically to her before a grin slid along his lips. "Come on, we'd best hurry!" Without much thought, one of his hands firmly scooped up one of hers, threading his fingers through hers as he would attempt coaxing her into a run beside him this time.