View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2017, 09:17 PM

Lin Fey frowned deeper at Jayce's smile, gritting his teeth every so slightly more. Slowly, his hands folded stiff, aggressive lines in the napkin against his knee while his back remained straight and proper, the perfect picture of politeness. That instinct lay deep in his core so that even when he felt no desire for it, his manners remained perfect. "You mock me," he ground out, still so perfect, but full of bite. How else should he interpret the other man's smile? He changed tones too fast and smiled brighter than made sense. The subtleties of the words and tone also escaped him considering he expected no real kindness.

Turning his gaze away, Lin Fey stayed seated as Jayce stood, moving toward the door. A walk? Even before tension washed over them again, he would say no. Now, he didn't even bother with words. Only after the door closed shut again, did he voice the rest of his thoughts, knowing that no one could hear them. "China is not wretched. More than anything...I wish I could have stayed..." With those words, he hung his head, returning his stare to the grains of the wooden table and his wadded up napkin.