View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 AM

(Don't worry, you won't.)

Lin Fey blinked, surprised at Jayce's answer. "Isn't that strange to do with clothes on?" he asked, confusion making him honest. If he wished to swim in the stream, he would strip to his breeches and enjoy the cool water. He did such things many times in his youth. The idea of submerging himself in salty water fully clothed just seemed silly and his mother would scold him for ruining the clothing. A pang went through his heart at the thought and it took him a second to recover, almost missing Jayce's words.

Looking up sharply, he forgot to use the feminine edge he'd been trying to pitch his voice. "Tonight? Your father?" Almost stammering on the words, he looked at Jayce with wide eyes, completely ignorant of the water under his bare feet as he stepped forward. A second later, his eyes darted back down to the floor as he folded pleats in the hem of his shirt. "I cannot fool him like this though. He'll know I am not..." Lin Fey swallowed. "I am not the pretty woman. He cannot know!" Fear returning, he stood in hesitation, wanting more than anything to hide away from this strange world that he knew could hurt him. This strange world called America.