Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 AM

Garrison's body seemed to take up the entire four-poster bed, draped in the rays of the sun that filtered in through the partially open blinds. Beyond that, his quarters were dark and silent save the rocking of the ship as it was, from time to time, buffeted by electromagnetic currents. Sailing between planets proved to be a very dangerous way of life, but one Garrison had grown up living. His father had been a captain, commissioned for huge and often important or priceless deliveries across galaxies, and before he was even eighteen, Garrison had learned everything from his father and had taken the man's place when he passed. Now, however, none of that was on his mind. His chest vibrated with contented purrs, his yellow cat-like ears twitching when little noises met them. When a knock sounded on his closed door, Garrison groaned and turned onto his back. "Yes, come in!"

The origin of the disturbance was a bull of a man, a quite literal bull, his pointed ears and horns up high on his head and a stocky, strong build taking up the whole doorway. But he had a kind face. "Captain, there's a problem with one of the fuel runners."

"Fuel runners?" Garrison turned back onto his stomach and got onto his hands and knees, stretching long and twisting himself a little. "Which one?"

"Main runner two." His quartermaster looked behind him. "Got a couple sailors sayin' the pump's goin' slow, worried there's a blockage in the system."

With a sigh, Garrison rubbed his tired eyes and yawned. "I see, I see... Well, give me a moment, I'll be down in the hold in a minute." The hold, along with containing a large amount of their transported goods, held the door to the fuel system and the control panel. It would tell them where the block was, what it was, and how long it would take to get rid of it. Garrison stood and stretched again, scratching his ears and stuffing his long tail into his pants so it didn't get crushed or played with by someone, and shrugged into his jacket. He tied up his black hair and hurried out of his quarters, bypassing the stairs up to the deck and going down instead.

Last edited by Tachigami; 05-26-2014 at 11:35 PM..