Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-26-2014, 08:05 AM

They entered the atmosphere with little turbulence, engaging a series of small gravitational rotors along the bottom of the ship that steadied them as they landed in a huge green area that looked to be a grassland outside a large, dense forest. Garrison and half his crew left the ship after disengaging the field that formed a bubble over the upper decks, making it safe to wander while away from a planet. Garrison stood on the gangway to get a higher view of the place and speak to the sailors below. "Get some coolant on the pipes immediately, and once it's cool enough, disengage the pistons from pump two. Make sure no one will be crushed or injured, my surgeon doesn't need injuries on his hands and neither do I. Get one of the smaller ones up to identify the blockage and, if able, remove it. If necessary, refer to Addias if I'm unavailable."

There was a chorus of "Yes, sir!" and feet running about as Garrison stepped down and looked around. Then he stepped up to Fennec. "What type of race makes this planet home?" He asked.

"I believe a race of rather delicate beings. I hear they're not technologically advanced and their planets have little use beyond an abundance of fruit and vegetables, and fresh water. There's less than ten percent of salt water on the surface but various underground lakes that contain very high levels of salt."

Fennec had always been a rather intelligent man when it came to understanding the thousands of planets in the UFPP's list. Garrison smiled and looked to the trees, widening his eyes when he caught something. His keen, cat-like eyes caught movement and he stepped forward. A local, no doubt. He had been hoping to at least see one, but it appeared they had been discovered first. "Hello?" He said gently. "We apologize for stopping by this way... Can you understand me?" He doubted it. His entire crew were fitted with universal translators so there was no miscommunication.