View Single Post
Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-10-2014, 05:07 AM

The shapeshifter stepped into the side room that Eliseo had gestured towards. Inside the door was a simple, small space fitted with a table and two chairs. She was familiar with this area, having visited identical rooms at least twice a week since she had arrived at YJA. The white was still giving her a slight headache, and she rubbed her eyes as she made her way across the room.

Dahlia slid into one of the chairs, adjusting herself to try and find a comfortable position to sit in. She waited for Eliseo to close the door and sit, recording device activated, before she began to recount the events of her day. “So where should I begin…” she tried to remember her exact thoughts while she was in the safety zone above the training room, bodies shoved together along the glass walls to get a good look at the robot massacre going on down below. “I was watching students train during my free period.” her eyes lowered onto the table a bit as she remembered turning her head and seeing Kay’s enraged face. “Kay was…. being rather mean to one of the other students, white hair, I don’t know her name. I felt really bad for her, and a voice inside me said that I should do something, stick up for her.” She began wringing her hands as she explained the events that followed. Her eyes grew out of focus a bit, her speech slowing. Something about the plain white rooms simply caused her mind to wander. She could feel her skin straining, longing to change its shape. It made her restless, fidgety, and she tended to babble.

She stopped speaking for a moment, staring into space, eyes focused on an insignificant coffee smudge on the table. “I just couldn’t control myself. Part of me wanted to kill her for saying those things about me, but part of me just wanted…” She let out a breath, “Never mind, that’s not important.” She bit the inside of her lip, “ Can we scratch that part from the record? I don’t have anything else to say.” Dahlia shrunk into the chair, eyes still unfocused, and still chewing on her bottom lip. She felt as though her skin was becoming tighter, suffocating her. It was a strange sensation, to feel restrained even in freedom, and it was one that made Dahlia want to cry out. She held back her urge to scream, doing little things to try and combat the feeling of being smothered. She kicked her feet, tapped her fingers, and bit her lip harder, almost until she could taste blood.

A buzzing noise began to sound in her ears before she realized why she felt so uncomfortable. She stood up quickly, knocking her chair down as she did, and yelled out, “I request that the blinders be removed. I know you’re there. I can feel you in my head, not very subtle by the way.” Nothing happened for a moment, leaving Dahlia to believe that she was just crazy, and not actually being watched by any other eyes besides Eliseo’s. Suddenly the wall behind him began to slide open with a low hum, revealing a narrow window. Two of the detention staff members sat on the other side of the window in a dark room adjacent to the one she was in. A voice, presumably of one of the staff members, called out over the speaker system in the room, “Sorry, Ms. Darkholme, surface thought detection is standard protocol. We apologize for any discomfort on our part.”

She sighed in relief, running a hand through her short red hair. She felt the mental pressure begin to lessen, and then disappear completely before she turned to pick up her chair. She sat down again, hands folded on the table in front of her. She looked up at Eliseo, not really able to decipher his expression, before she gave him an apologetic smile and shrugged her shoulders a bit. “Did you have any more questions for me?”

Last edited by Vanth; 10-10-2014 at 05:09 AM..