View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:57 PM

Eliseo had received varying amounts of detail in recordings of past incidents, but surely, Dahlia's now was one of the most openly detailed ones. This caused him to slowly raise an eyebrow at her, taking to a bit of curiosity as he stared on at her otherwise calmly. After that initial spiel, however, she seemed quick to right what suspicion could be found in her words. This was what he assumed to either be clever, or a good start in the right direction. Nodding and his features relaxed again, he crossed his legs beneath the table in a leisurely manner as his gaze yet fixed on her. Open, indeed. Dahlia was being rather careful to fully explain herself today, or so it seemed.

Perhaps she was genuinely aiming to better herself, after all. To avoid this in the future. Either that, or she wished to thwart the punishment facing at least today's actions. Rubbing his cheek in thought, he remained quiet, allowing her to speak as she saw fit for answer both of his remaining questions. Her choice to touch on what the other part of her had been thinking at the time was one he took for a good one, a faint grin tugging at his lips as he nodded her on casually. At least now no one could make her out for one with killing intent, after her last, surprising statement. Would he cover for her? No, but he viewed the nudge in his question to explain herself as something of a favor. Whether he realized it or not, he was assisting her in this more than he had thought to.

Even emotionally, she seemed to be open in speaking right now. He wouldn't have ever pinned Dahlia to admitting to wishing to break down and cry at some point in time. Yet, there was a truth in her words that brushed his thoughts with interest. Even so, as she finished, nearly on the verge of tears, he sat in a few moments of quiet thought. Students here did seem to all be vying for power in the manner as to cover some weakness of theirs, or of others, and many ended up having a hard time doing so. Why? Why one's personal will to seek righteousness in their own lives by earning the power necessary always seemed to end poorly at some point, he wasn't quite sure. His parents had surely met some end by making their attempt for too much of this power, in their experimentation on him.

His own jaw tensed for a moment. It wasn't like Eliseo to become nostalgic. Sighing softly as he stood from his chair, he would move to exit the room, but paused for a moment beside Dahlia's chair. Clearing his throat a little, he avoided making eye contact with her as one of his hands moved to gently rest on her shoulder. It was a kind touch, something he would never be seen to exhibit in his position, but one he did so now all the same. He thought to speak, but found he wasn't one to properly assist in cheering someone up. Nor did he typically care to. In any case, he managed to speak in a somewhat broken, yet warmer tone. "It was precisely the answer I wanted, the honest, thoughtful one... You did well, Dahlia."

His grasp on her shoulder tightened for a moment, in a light squeeze, before he removed his hand to approach the door again. "We can be finished for now." He stated calmly, opening the door for her with the expectation that she would follow. Normally, he may ask more questions of the incident itself, if she knew the consequences, but today this was enough. It had been enough emotion for her, and enough of a break from his typical demeanor for him.

. _ . ________________________________________ . _ .

Aysel grinned calmly over at Nisshoku as he nodded, seeming to agree with her. She leaned forward a little, eager to hear what he had to ask her, but after his mouth had opened it closed. The waiter had neared. Sighing softly, she moved her gaze to smile up at the man warmly nevertheless. After requesting a sweet, green milk tea, the man turned to leave and her gaze returned curiously to Nis. This time, it seemed he was able to speak his question much simpler. Blinking at him in a bit of surprise, she was a little taken back by it. The future was something many had clear plans for, but hers had always been quite vague. She knew she wanted to protect people, that she wanted to assist in ensuring no people were ever treated so mercilessly as her own had been.

For a moment, a sadness swept over her features. Her past wasn't a topic she had ever been comfortable with, but confronting it was a big part of working out her future plans. More than anything, she wished to make sure she never saw such destruction come to innocent people again, to people she loved and cared for. After her people had been invaded and nearly wiped clean from existence, the images haunted her in a way she often tried to hide. Perhaps too often. Here, after Nis had asked of her future, she couldn't help but allow at least a bit of this emotion show as her thoughts collected themselves. The future was something she often tried to imagine, something Starfire also questioned her over. When it came down to it, Aysel had just never been sure about much of it.

Now, she supposed, she had a good enough basis to at least begin to plan. Her sadder thoughts cleared as she let out a soft sigh, her gaze averting Nis for a few moments before lifting back to him hesitantly. "I am still quite unsure over much of it still, though I have made some decisions." She began, then grinning. Aysel had yet to run the few decisions she had made past anyone, so this would be a test run of sorts, she decided. In the past when asked, she would mostly declare that she just wished to help others, to become as powerful as her mentor to defend the people she could. Now, she would set her plans out more sturdily. "I plan to stay. Earth is my new home, and I want more than anything to protect it." She began with some determination seeping in to light her eyes. "I may not quite fit in, yet... but I would like to. I have no home planet to return to, so I shall make this my permanent home. I wish to... find a happy life here, become one of the heroes that defend its people."

A more certain smile graced her features as her expression warmed at the thought of it. Fighting along heroes like Starfire, perhaps in some team, finding a place she truly felt at home among others here. "There are not many of my kind left, and sadly we are so scattered we cannot hope to rebuild our people, but... I would like to prove an example for those that are here, I suppose. Of how we were. Maybe then they, or others of different races in hiding, will surface and find peace here, as well, then." Her darker thoughts from earlier mingled with her more optimistic ones now to give her a sense of calm as she explained herself.

Then, noting how he rested his hand on his hand, her smile dimmed a bit. Perhaps it was the future troubling him? He hadn't seemed to have quite the same goals as others laid out, but why he seemed unsettled still eluded her. Gaze calm upon him, without thinking much, one of her hands moved to gently reach out towards him, but she thought better of it. Instead, she rested it beside the hand that yet held his. "It troubles you?" She questioned, her brows furrowing slightly as she looked over him. "How about yourself, what you plan?"

Halloween hangout + contests!