View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 10-15-2014, 04:23 PM

Nisshoku listened to her words, watching her body language and expressions. He saw her darken for a moment, before smiling a bit again. What was going through her mind? She spoke, saying she was still unsure about much of it, but had come to decide on a few things. He nodded, listening. She decided to stay, Earth as her home now, she sought to help protect it. She wanted to set an example for those similar to her. He found himself frowning a bit, hidden by the edge of his scarf. He nodded to her a bit at her words. She then seemed to pause, her words stopping as she looked at him. He blinked, had he done something wrong? She looked at him, and moved a hand towards him before she stopped. He watched as that hand lowered, as she thought better of her actions. Part of him wished she had followed through, that she had in fact reached out to touch him, though he could not blame her for thinking better of it in the end.

She asked him if it troubled him, then what his plan was. For a moment, he was silent. The waitor bringing back their drinks, he stared at the cup before him in silence. The steam raising from the mug, he watched it curl up to the roof, before vanishing along the trip. He returned his gaze to her, thinking through an answer to her question. He knew he was hesitating, and that she probably knew it as well. Avoiding the question, only would mean he did not know, or know how to answer. In truth he did not, but to say so would invoe other questions and feelings, possibly from her. He shrugged slightly, placing a hand around the warmth of the mug. "I plan to continue looking for myself...my memories" he said rather bluntly. "I can not move fully forward, until I let go of or understand the past" he said, looking into the mug again. "Without knowing who I was though...who does that make me now?" he did not fully know.

He could have been a thief, a killer for all he knew. Though he did not say this to her, not wishing to upset her. He was sure she would deny it anyways. She would not allow him to believe that he had been a monster. Even if it was a possibility. He picked up the mug, bringing it to his lips slowly. The heat felt on his lips before he had fully tilted it, he felt the slight sting on his tongue of the heated liquid. The taste bitter but calming, he allowed it to move down his throat as he swallowed. He then took a moment to simply enjoy the scent of it, herbal tea was as calming to take in through smell or taste to him. The relaxing aroma made him think nature, which had to be one of his favorite things here on Earth. He looked up from the mug, catching the slight sight of his bandaged hand. He lowered the mug, raising said hand for a moment to look at it."I do not even know what these markings are for" he said.

Normally he avoided the topic of his arm, since his memory was gone, and his power was more on the dark side, the markings were more like scars to him. He knew they kept his power in check, that they were a seal. It only led him to believe more at times, that there was a darker nature to his past, to him. Why would his powers need to be sealed? Who was the one to seal them? They only brought up more questions and uncertainty. At the same time, the arm itself was indeed the carrier of a few scars. Particularly one up near the shoulder, that wrapped around the arm itself...as if someone had once attempted to literally take his arm off. Perhaps they succeeded...and the scar was one of re-attatchment. He had no way of knowing...though scans and such said that the bones were perfectly strong and unbroken within it. There were no signs of them ever having been broken or refused, as were the same with the muscle and bloodvessles or nerves.

He watched his hand for a moment, before lowering his hand again. He looked back at her. "I seek to find myself still. After that, I seek to make a name for myself, one people will not constantly question or fear...one that will not mean confusion or uncertainty, but one that will able to allow hope for people as well" he paused, "I wish to help protect others as well, if it is allowed of me." He left it there, switching the subject before she had a chance to answer or speak upon it. He was not trying to be rude, he did not wish to drag her into the foolishness of his own problems. His past and his future were not her burden, they were his alone. He would deal with them. "Will you be attending the confrence with Starfire?" he asked. Each year, the heros got together to talk busineess and politics. It was a chance for them to catch up on things, and to prepare for events to come. Heros from all over the galaxy would be there.

In the more recent years, heros had begun to bring their new sidekicks, since the date of the confrence often fell not long after graduation from basic training. Sidekicks were there as a further attempt to intergrate them into the hero community, to prepare them for the future and when they would be needed. It was a chance to get them also aquainted with the more, diplomatic side of being a hero. It would be held the next day, thankfully a friday. All sidekicks going would be excused from classes, and would after have an entire weekend to look forward to and enjoy with their heros or to enjoy many branch out activities of the confrence. Some engaged in mini tournaments, to show how far they had come, or to guadge how they were doing within the field. That way, it was not all boring or stuffy politics, they got to have some fun to.