View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 11-12-2014, 05:07 AM

With Eliseo's help, he'd defeated the robots outside. Good thing the other boy was good with plants, or Nik would have been stuck in that tree for a while. He'd obediently followed his group members into the dark castle. Always dark, he thought,can't they afford proper lights? Not only was it completely dark, it was eerily silent. Nik swore he could hear the others' heart beating. Maybe it was just his own, echoed. He was about to ask when the treacherous floor betrayed him. As long as he lived, Nik would never trust a floor again; especially at this school. He didn't like the feeling of weightlessness that falling gave him. He was solidly built, like a tree, and need to be rooted firmly on the ground. Speaking of ground, Nik hit hard wen it rushed in to catch them.

White dots swam in front of his eyes, and he was thankful that he was covered in metal- his head had hit the floor the hardest. He blinked a few times, the dots dimmed, but didn't disappear completely. "Der'mo." Nik replied to Tsukikari. He shook his head, forcing the dot to spin, then said again. "Yeah." Nik was a bit dizzy, but stood anyway. The room swayed a bit before becoming stable. It would take about 30 second for the vertigo to go away; Nik knew that from experience. He'd fallen from more than one tree, ledge, or building. It had all been part of training at the professor's school; they jumped off things for fun.

"Der'mo." Nik swore when he saw the giant machine. They were suppose to destroy that? A noise to his left alerted him to another presence. Another robot. It was taller than Nik thought possible for the arena they were in. It's not real. That thing couldn't possibly kill them. Then again... Nik remembered how beat up the other teams had been after their missions. Some of them had potentially broken bones- whether physical or mental, there had been a lot pain involved. This fight would hurt.

Nik angled his body, dug his feet - as much as he could - into the ground, and prepared to run full force at the robot's leg. I don't know if I can do this... Nik thought, making eye contact with Tsukikari and nodding. "Now or never, I guess?" He grinned nervously. He'd been confident with the smaller robots. This one... It made him doubtful, and nervous. Nervousness could lead to a mistake, and one mistake could change the outcome of the mission. Nik knew that their mission was being watched closely by more than just Yamato. What would the other's think if this team failed? Nik had heard the girls whispering about how volatile this team was. Nik was worried that Yamato's decision would blow up in everyone's faces.