View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 03-11-2018, 07:12 AM

The afternoon passed and before they knew it, Jenkins was bringing in dinner. There was fancy salad and pasta from somewhere on ship. After dinner, Jenkins suggested that they relax on the balcony with a couple of beers and so they did. It wasn't until they started getting tired that they realized that there was a problem. There was a nice queen sized bed, only ONE bed though.

"Its fine," Sam reassured her when Skylee started to freak out. "I'll just sleep on the couch."

"You won't be comfortable on the couch," Skylee tried to protest but Sam brushed it off.

"I'll be fine," he said, resting his large, strong hands on her shoulders.

With a nod and a sigh Skylee, with the help of Sam, limped upstairs into the bedroom. She pulled on shorts and a tank top, before settling into the big, comfy bed. She snuggled back against the pillows and tried to relax. She missed the sounds of horses snorting and stomping from her room above the barn at the ranch. But finally sleep overtook Skylee and she dozed off.

"Hey hey, Skylee. Come on wake up; you are okay." Sam's deep voice called her out of sleep as his strong hands shook her.

Skylee's eyes snapped open as she tried to sit up, only to find herself tangled in the sheets. Her throat was raw and sore and she realized that she had been screaming. Her heart was racing and she couldn't draw a breath, each one she tried to pull in was a wheezing gasp. Her ears were ringing and she was trembling like a leaf, her pale cheeks wet with tears.

"S..Sam?" She gasped meeting his concern filled hazel eyes.

"Yeah, its me. Are you okay?" His deep voice washed over her and she couldn't stop herself from reaching for his soothing calm, her hand tangling in his t-shirt. "Nightmare?" He asked wrapping his arms around her, his strong hands running circles over her back.

"I...I'm s..sorry," Skylee gasped out, her body still trembling.

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for," Sam soothed. "We all have nightmares. Do you want to talk about it?"

Skylee was quiet as she thought over what to say. As kind and soothing as he was, she didn't know him well enough to trust him with every detail of her darkest day. Her heartbeat was starting to slow and her breathing, evening out as she rested her head on his shoulder. Her fingers were no longer clutching at his shirt.

"It..it's nothing," she said with a blush. "Sorry for waking you."

Sam just waved it off with a pat on her back. He got up and started towards the stairs, but stopped and turned back. His hazel eyes swept over her before he asked, "hey you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah, if you are up for it." Skylee let out an inward sigh of appreciation to Sam. She wasn't ready to try and fall asleep again, adrenaline still coursing through her veins.

"I'll see if I can scare up some snacks," Sam said with a grin. "Meet you downstairs."

Skylee grabbed a fluffy blanket and wrapped it around her as she made her way down to the couch. Sam had managed to scrounge up some candy and popcorn. They turned on the tv and flipped through the channels until they found a cheesy movie. Skylee snuggled back into the couch next to Sam, laughing with him and sharing the snacks. One movie bled into two, or at least one and a half when the two drifted off, Skylee's head on Sam's shoulder.