View Single Post
heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 AM

[045.] Fallen Meets the Dragons.

Fallen stared out over the beautiful, seemingly endless depiction of scenery. Of course, it wasn't endless. It was only an artful masterpiece, but it just looked so realistic. As he took a few steps forward, he knelt down so that he could get a closer look at all the tiny mechanical goings-on of the magnificent little world.

"My 'father' created all this?" He asked as the bent, older man stepped over to him.

"Not your real father, mind you, Fallen," the mad scientist stated bluntly.

"Who was my real father?" Fallen asked.

"I don't know. Not sure if Dr. Hatimos even knew. It seemed to me like he just picked you up from somewhere. Hati was never one to get attached to anything, but he sure did get attached to you. First, it was just the project, but eventually, you became his entire world and he wouldn't dare let anything happen to you. It wasn't pride, either. It was love. He truly did love you like a son. But of course, he was killed before you were activated. That was so many years ago." Dreyergar explained.

"Did you finish me, then?" Fallen asked, but before he got his answer, he noticed what seemed like a handful of tiny creatures, almost like bees, flying around in the manufactured world. They seemed to "notice" him at the same time, as well, because they changed direction and flew up by his face where he was able to get a better look at them. "Dragons!" He said.

"Yes, yes, dragons indeed. One of our great creations," he started but decided to correct himself, "or horrible experiments. They aren't mechanical like everything else is. They are real dragons, Fallen."

"How can they be real?" Fallen inquired grinning, more sincerely interested than Dreyergar had ever seen a person.

"It's a funny story, actually. The dragons were tired of hiding, you see, and Hati happened across one on his walk in the woods. It was the great elder dragon, and Hati struck a deal with him so that he didn't get eaten," Dreyergar laughed. "He said he was a scientist and that he could invent something to make all the dragons invisible. Instead, what Hatimos and I concocted was none other than a shrinking potion, and all the dragons are now tiny little creatures. Hati made this place for them to live. To this day, I don't know if the dragons are happy as they are or if they hate Hati and I for all the trouble we've caused them," Dreyergar laughed heartily.

"They are magnificent creatures," Fallen said, observing them closely, still smiling, and all as if he hadn't heard a word Dreyergar had spoken to him.

A few moments of silence passed as Dreyergar solemnly studied the distracted Fallen.

"I never would have guessed you would still be alive," he spoke softly. The word 'alive' struck a cord somewhere within Fallen, and he swiftly spun on the shriveled scientist. "You were in the same warehouse as Hatimos. The one that was destroyed around him. I wonder why it was that you suddenly awakened? What could have possibly put the power into you after so many years?"

Fallen stared at the man blankly as the tiny dragons flew around him until each and every one found a place to perch on him. All of them, along with Dreyergar, seemed intent on hearing what Fallen had to say about the matter. But the truth was, Fallen had no idea what to say. He didn't understand what was meant or how much time had passed or how he could have survived.

He was so focused on the fact that he knew Dreyergar, one of his co-creators, thought of him as a living creature.

Last edited by heartages; 08-15-2010 at 01:47 AM..