View Single Post
heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-13-2011, 01:26 AM

[044.] Gloomy Reflection in the Mirror

Braeden stared out the window. He had given everything away. He had lost everything.

To be completely honest, he would have given it all up anyway just to have the life he was pretending to live with Riley. But he had ruined it all. Riley had known all along that he was an assassin. He could never face her with all the guilt and blood on his hands.

Braeden had made a lot of mistakes in his life, but he had justified them by telling himself it would all work out in the end. It would all work itself out when he could find Gallagher and exact his revenge. He had failed, though. It was all a failure due to the fact that he was at war with himself. He looked to the large mirror across the room.

"Who am I?" he asked himself. "What am I supposed to do now?"

Braeden had no idea what to believe anymore. Had he been fed lies from the beginning? Who was Morpheus, really? Was Gallagher honestly his enemy or not? What was the truth?

His thoughts were interrupted when there came a few knocks at his door. Braeden refused to respond. He didn't want to see anyone, let alone talk about anything. The door was opened anyway while a small, quiet, feminine voice spoke, "Excuse me... I'm sorry to intrude, but there are some things I need to tell you."

Whoever it was stood using the door as a shield almost, seemingly hiding behind it for dear life. Braeden took one last look at his nearly lifeless reflection in the mirror before he turned to really see who it was.

Oh, he thought drolly, It's that bookworm.