View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-14-2016, 07:32 PM

"I couldn't have possibly wanted for anything. Sometimes I wondered what happened outside of the castle, but how could it be any better than my life in the castle?" Rose could only shrug, sure it would have been nice to see, but she hadn't been that desperate to escape. It wasn't like she didn't go outside, the castle gardens were extensive, she spent hours walking among the flowers, she even rode a horse through them regularly. Other than her time on a ship, she didn't know what else the world could offer. Other than the strange feelings of being kidnapped, things she was sure she could have lived without.

She left the rest of the fruit on the plate, feeling full enough for now. It wasn't that she was peckish at all, more that this ordeal had stolen her appetite, and even with the better ingredients they were nothing like what the cook at home served. "I'm a princess, I don't get to just want things, other than to be of use to the kingdom." She didn't say this with any spite, it was said with years of that fact drilled into her head, a fate she accepted and understood. It wasn't a horrible thing, her station afforded her every luxury in the world, so how could she complain?

Rose offered a weak smile, not sure how else to behave. She was doing her best to be civil, to control her tongue and her actions so she didn't incur his wrath.