View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-16-2016, 03:42 PM

Clark smirked, noting the blush that rose on the young princess' cheeks. He also noticed the clench of her fists, and began to take more of an interest in her. There was more to the princess than she let on, and was reminded of a saying that he kept close to heart all these years: that humans are more complex than they seem to be. He picked up a piece of fruit and began to eat as he listened to her on what she thought was undesirable. "While that is one of it's many meanings, I was more interested in an 'undesirable' in the purity and clean aspect."

"What does it mean to be pure, princess? Tell me, I'm curious. As a man on the other side of the law, depending on how you look at it, I do find it fascinating that there is such a... 'show' about this."

Ariel had cleared off the rest of the supplies and placed them back in the chest, mulling over Gerard's question and how to answer them. She wasn't one for telling her whole life story, especially with someone she barely knew, but she guessed there was something about just sleeping with someone in bed with them. With a sigh, and a roll of her eyes at his antics, she sat down next to him on the cot. "You probably don't want to hear the ramblings of a serving girl like me," she brushed it off, still deciding whether to share some insight or not.

After a prolonged silence, she started, "I learned, or I guess in this case remembered, something about myself and it was too much. You always hear 'em religious folk who preach how empty you are when you have nothing to believe in? I threw myself into drinking and bedding anyone who was willing to just forget. But them priests do have some stick of truth to 'em, what bastards they may be. I felt numb." She stared at the wall, not willing to go deeper into it. Talking about it in a summarizing sense is difficult enough.