View Single Post
Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-18-2015, 09:56 PM

"Well, you will not need a maid anymore, son," Mr. McClair stated, "since you have your fiance or soon to be wife."

Greg sighed and wondered when his dad was going to tell the story.

"I guess you're right on that one, dad," Greg replied.

Mr. McClair stood up from his chair and looked out the window. That's when he started telling the story.

It was poker night and you guys were only preteens at the time. You were ten, Greg, and Serenity was eight. Of course, both of you kids were at home during this game. We were well into our poker game, and Mr. Minase jokingly suggested his daughter's hand in marriage as a poker chip. We all laughed and then I said, "In that case, I'll gamble my son. He'll be a handsome fellow when he grows up."
Mr. Minase looked at me like I was crazy, but I was serious. I didn't want any girl marrying my boy. I wouldn't mind if Mr. Minase's daughter married my son, they seem right for each other. Then Mr. Minase replied, "Okay, it's settled, if I win, I get to have that nice Rolex of your's. If you win though, Serenity will marry Greg. Hopefully they don't object, or you're giving me some stock in your company."
I smiled and agreed to the deal. After about an hour, the game was almost ending. It was just me and Mr. Minase left playing. The other guys folded and were too chicken to continue any further. They were just spectators now. Right before I was going to win the game, it started to flood in the basement. One of the guys yelled out, "Hurry up! This is going to be a swimming pool pretty soon."

My hand was a great hand, and I am sure Mr. Minase's hand was great as well. I decided to fold, that way I wouldn't lose my favorite Rolex. Surprisingly enough, Mr. Minase folded too, and we ran out of the basement, heading to our cars. Right before Mr. Minase left, I told him, "let's just call this draw, but I am still serious about our kids marrying. How after my son's 28th birthday and after your daughter's 26th birthday, they'll be summoned to get married."
"Sounds like a plan, and if it doesn't work out, I still get a share in your company and your favorite Rolex." Mr. Minase responded.

"So that's why you have to marry each other," Mr. McClair said, "You're going to make our family proud, Greg. Also, your dad will be happy as well, Serenity."

Greg sighed and wasn't too surprised this came from a poker game deal. He looked at Serenity reassuring her that he wasn't mad about this.