Old 12-26-2009, 04:58 AM

This year was one big letdown after another. The original plan was that I was supposed to go with my parents and my grandma and my boyfriend to Kentucky to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins and have Christmas at their house. I've never spent Christmas at their house and I was looking forward to it. But that got ruined because these idiot people, who we don't even know, who are friends with another aunt and uncle, decided to have a wedding on New Years. So they screwed up everyone's holiday plans by having their wedding on a holiday, because my aunt and uncle take care of my grandfather who is very old and he needs someone always there to watch him. So my parents have to go to their house before New Years to take care of him, which meant there was no time to go to Kentucky. On top of all that, my other grandpa had died earlier this year and Christmas isn't the same without both my grandparents there.

So because of the mess with the original plans getting ruined, I changed my plans and was going to visit my boyfriend who lives in New Jersey. I live in Florida. Originally he was supposed to visit me and go with me and spend Christmas with my family. His parents don't like me, so I wasn't super thrilled about my plan change, but I figured it would be fun anyways. We planned to hang out with some of his friends, and go to NYC to see the Christmas tree and all that stuff. And I was hoping for snow on Christmas for once. The very day I was supposed to go the huge snowstorm hit and canceled my plane. I was relieved I wouldn't have to deal with his parents now, but I still kind of wanted to see if I could get on a plane there the next day instead, but my mom bitched and moaned about how if I did that it would ruin her own plans to go somewhere else. And I felt really bad about the whole thing, so I just didn't, because her original trip had already been ruined. I kind of regretted giving into her though, because she was in such an awful mood the next few days and just wasn't nice to me at all. She dragged me along with her on her stupid trip to the mountains (north Georgia, North Carolina area) where we go most years for Christmas, and to put it simply, I'm sick and tired of going there and I didn't get to see my boyfriend. Now he and I are just trying to figure out when he can come visit me in Florida. We're hoping he can come within a few days.

On top of everything else, it has been horrible weather where I've ended up spending Christmas. It never snows really good here. Sometimes there's a little bit of crappy snow and then it melts. Most of it melted before we got here. And it's been raining the rest of the time. There was an awful storm last night that knocked out power and I sat in the dark and cold on Christmas eve. And now I have to wait a whole year to try again to go somewhere where there will be nice snow, and get to see my boyfriend. And if I go to visit him, I'll still have the issue of his parents to worry about, because I really don't feel welcome at his house at all.