View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 PM

"That is far away," Gideon whispered. He frowned as Scarlett pressed against him gently, hesitating before awkwardly resituating his arm about her waist. As she spoke of her own neighborhood, the youth let his frown deepen. "That sounds like my home." Coincidence? Sure. They both came from trouble homes and weren't on the best terms with their "friends."

He couldn't help but blush as the girl rested her head on his shoulder once again. This was new to him: he'd never had a relationship before. Gideon slowly took in a deep breath before forcing his gaze away from Scarlett once again. "If . . . if we're still friends after all this, we should meet somewhere else then. Away from home."
There were so many similarities . . . yet they were so different. Gideon let his brown eyes flicker back to the girl leaning against him for a moment. Kindred spirit. Swallowing quietly, he let his free hand move to gently stroke through some of Scarlett's blonde hair. Just how alike are we?
Mind racing through dark streets, drugged up parents and an abusive lifestyle, Gideon couldn't help but sigh quietly. I hope we aren't completely mirrored. It had to be worse for a woman.

"We should go inside," he finally whispered. There were many minutes of silence before he mentioned going to bed, but it was getting rather . . . well, late.
-

"You'll wake up with blanket fuzz stuck to you," Alice said with a sly grin. It was then that ice cream was wiped onto her nose. With a delicate snort, she drew her face away from Andrew . . . and promptly wiped it on his chest with a stiffled laugh. It felt nice to have someone's arms wrapped about her again; to hear someone laughing with her; to know that she was safe from everything: wanted. She was wanted.
"I think you look great," Alice let her gold eyes peer up through her long lashes with an innocent smile. "But you should probably go wash up." Without moving, she rested her head on his shoulder and kept her playful gaze on Andrew's face.