View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-05-2015, 04:13 PM

"I guess it was kind of obvious." Mannik laughed again, then winced, his eyes shifting the the wound. They returned to her quickly, though, as if Mannik didn't want to give up the sight. "I figured you thought it was an accident or something. I don't know."

"Then why was it?" He questioned, his eyes moving to her lips. His hand followed a moment later, stroking her face gently. "Was it really so bad, being with me down there?" He didn't notice she was keeping her voice down, and he was speaking rather normally.

At the idea of her singing, however, Mannik nodded his head. "Yeah..." He promised, lifting one of her hands and dropping his from her face. His gaze moved to the 'doctor' Adelmar had glanced at, and he spoke once more. "You shouldn't let them heal me. I doubt I'll bleed out..." His eyes shifted to Zenon's back. "But, we can hope. I'm sure your fiance will want to speak with me privately. And I'll be lucky to come out of that at all...Actually, maybe the lucky part would be the dying...I'm sure everything else will be..." The dark haired male fell quiet, looking back to her. "I'm sorry...I'll be quiet now...will you hum? Or sing..? Either one...please?" He peered at her hand, bending the fingers gently, tracing lines, and kissing the tips gently.

Something in his mind was warning him against this, telling him to stop touching her before Zenon gutted him, but he couldn't stop. She felt so right. Even though he knew it was wrong.