View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-07-2015, 02:25 AM

Sarah was at her wit's end. She was still unable to determine where Mannik was, or if he was even alive. She was past caring that he had given up Adelmar. After caring for the boy for so long, she couldn't just let him go to...to what? She had no idea. The only thing she could think is that he had been standing there when Adelmar had made her call. She would never forgive herself if he was hurt. She should have told him to move.

The SociPad rang, and Imhoff glanced at it in surprise. No one had the number to that-Mannik! Mannik knew the number! He had to be calling! He must have escaped in some way. The Commander's hands shook and she dropped the tiny thing, before finally picking it up and answering, prepared to chew her 'son' out.

The face that appeared made her usual stern face snap into existence. "Zenon Hadar." She greeted him back with a curt nod, slightly disappointed. Mannik must have given the number out. Why? What had they done? Mannik wouldn't crack easily. She felt a moment of panic. He knew more of Below's secrets than any other one person, excepting herself. None of this was shown on her face, however. She also didn't seem impressed by Zenon's display of wealth, or his dashing appearance. If anything, scorn seemed rather apparent in her eyes as she took in Zenon's surroundings and appearance. She listened quietly as he spoke. He wanted the original exchange between them? It was easy enough, but she wasn't sure why he wished it. "Send me your version, then." Imhoff stated once he finished, before Zenon could continue, she listed off another number. She couldn't watch a video that long unless it was on the ComPad, and since that's where the original was recorded, she'd have to use it to send it to this number anyway.

She stiffened as Zenon continued, though the movement was slight. Mannik was alive! She felt relieved. She had no clue about any injury, but was relieved to hear he was alive. Again, she was mildly surprised at what Above knew. She replied, choosing her words carefully. "Mannik is not my son. It seems your information is wrong, Mister Hadar. What a pity, if you can't even keep the facts straight...and here I was thinking you were a cut above those other soldiers on that floating hunk of metal. What of all the others you took to Seven? They are all alive and well?" Sarah didn't respond to the idea of a trade. She couldn't. If she tried to trade for Mannik, she would lose all respect from her people. But, it had settled something in her mind. The Commander would go to Seven, tonight if possible.

The man's next question made her raise an eyebrow. Mannik had given them the number to this Pad, but didn't tell them that? He wasn't broken then. He must have had a valid reason for giving them the information. She'd find out soon enough. It was Sarah's turn to smile. "Why, Mister Hadar...why would I lie? You can't 'punish' someone you don't have, and can't even get. Capturing Miss Wislawa was my idea. No one else's. No one else even had a hand in planning her kidnap, although I did have one of my best soldiers carry it out. That's a rather odd thing to ask." She leaned forward, and it was clear the was debating asking her own question. She wanted to know why this infuriatingly cocky man had let her go. She thought better of asking the question, however, and clicked the Pad off.

As soon as it was off, Sarah was flying around the room, collecting supplies.

Last edited by Kisu; 01-07-2015 at 02:32 AM..