View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 02-07-2016, 03:53 AM

Kirin Rosenbaum was so nice and offered to let me ghost her Oriental Garden item! And so of course I made and saved several variations of an avatar using this item before returning it to her ^_^ But here is the final one I decided to keep:
although I loved this one too:
Items:

SPOILERX

Oriental Garden (ghosted; owned by Kirin Rosenbaum), Bao Bao the Panda, Breakfast of Champions, Cessy's Tea Party, Marvelous Moustache Bros. That's right, only five items with various poses! Amazing how beautiful the Oriental Garden is <3 I hope to have one someday!

And these were other variations that I tried:

At first, I just tried to replace the Storybook Journey background with Oriental Garden peeking in through the windows instead. But I didn't feel like I was doing this beautiful item justice. So, I removed the windows and made it an outdoors scene instead.

I love the pink Sacred Forest - Blossom Season tree, but removed it because it covered the Oriental Garden's pagoda.

It looked a bit plain with Oriental Garden's matching grey rock floor, so I opted for a green one from Marvelous Moustache Bros that matched the Oriental Garden's trees. And then it was a process of figuring out which Cessy's Tea Party tea kettle and tea cup color combinations matched best.

I finally decided on a red tea cup and an aqua blue tea kettle. I tried out a pretty event item, the Love Potion, which kind of looked like pink steam coming out of the kettle. But then I removed it since it didn't quite fit the color scheme. Then, it was just a matter of overflowing it with mischievous panders or keeping it just one :)

Thank you again, Kirin Rosenbaum:, for letting me ghost your Oriental Garden item!!! I really appreciate it <3