View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 01:56 AM

*image taken from the Menewsha comic

Kat Dakuu woke up around noon, thirty minutes after her alarm went off, which she ignored at the time. In one lazy roll, she grabbed her tablet and disappeared back into her covers. Start of morning routine: check Menewsha. Not that she expected anything to happen in the nine or so dead hours that she slept in, along with a good portion of the site it seemed.

The first thing the site did was prompt her to log in. Which was odd, considering she stayed logged in. Squinting because she had yet to put on her glasses, Kat typed her username and password. The second she hit enter, a jolt went through her. The dizziness left her squeezing her eyes shut and just as soon as it came, it went, so she almost didn't believe it happened. She ran a hand over her eyes. When she dropped it again, she could only start in wonder. Rather than her dark blanket-filled bedroom, a sunny beach stretched out. The gentle waves made sound, but did not move, like the video wasn't streaming properly. “What the hell…?” I swear to god I didn’t fall asleep again. Kat took one step and that’s when it all snapped into focus. “The heck am I wearing?! Oh my god, it’s breezy! Breezy….?” Kat frantically ran hands along herself and particularly her pale and quite naked torso that ended in a damn cravat over a bit of white cloth with sleeves. As if that constituted a shirt! No matter how one looked at it, the ridiculous get-up wasn’t just any get-up. Kat dropped to her knees to bang her head against the sand, making her feathered hat tip. “I look like my avi! Holy hell, omg. Menewsha? This is fucking Menewsha!”

Lifting her head to see the outlines of a town and a clock tower clearly etched in the near distance, she knew that’s exactly where this was.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 03-02-2015 at 04:30 AM..