Thread: Knitting
View Single Post
Karastorm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Gah knitting. It's sooooooooooooo fun and quick. I've made I think in the region of 4 Legend of Zelda hats for people. ( been payed to do it as well) I mocked up the pattern by my self and it fits up to a extra large head with out adusjting the stiches.

You will need two sets of rounds. a 3.mm and a 4mm Start off on the 3mm and cast on 89 stitches. Knit one purl one for 2.5 inches this is the base of the hat. switch to the 4mm Knit plainly till the piece messures 10 inches. Then start to cast off. To do this knit 28 then cast off the next one. Repeat three times. next two rows is knit plainly. Cast off again in the same fashion. When you get down to around 80 stiches transfer them onto a set of double ends these should be 4mm in size to keep things nice and neat. Cast off every two rows until you get a nice point. This may take 1.5 skins of wool but I've made nice long ones with around 200grams of wool. Real easy to do and theres nothing more to do then learn how to do the simple knit stitch. Oh to tie the end I found it easy to thread a yarn needle and work backwards through the left over loops ( about 4 by the time I'd got to them :3) pull tight do a double knot and cut as close to the knot base as possible or weave the end in and done one supper cute fluffy hat!.