View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:46 PM

Dorian's palm stopped where it was pressed along the wall as he heard Akio speak up in thanks, his gaze trailing back to the other with a small sort of smile. "Of course." He replied, nodding slightly as his gaze fixed on the other's, though he wished for nothing more than to avert his gaze. He felt his something bubble in his stomach, pleasant and nerve-wracking all at once, as he attempted to hide it. It was a brush of embarrassment, and it showed in the sheepish sort of smile he had replied with. His gaze caught the other bringing his hand to his heart, then trailed up to his facial features once more, not speaking but not feeling the need to as he let himself just take him in. Then, Akio took a step backwards.

The warmth in the more intimate space they'd shared dimmed as he did this, leaving Dorian blinking curiously as the smile left his face. He would have mentally scolded his self for his actions, if not for this sudden reaction from Akio. Chuckling lowly as one of his hands casually rubbed one of his cheeks, Dorian attempted to brush it off. "That's quite alright, I might send someone to take a look at it later." He began, then hesitated, finding his words for a moment. "You did nothing wrong." His gaze tended towards Akio, words perhaps coming across with a bit more weight than he'd meant. It was an accident that he had gotten hurt, but Dorian admittedly hadn't seen anything wrong in their proximity... Oh, but that was nonsense. He bit his bottom lip in thought, not sure what to think or say in the situation as his gaze for a moment trailed to the floor.

When he heard words of thanks yet again, his gaze lifted back up with ease to Akio, gaze held wide as he caught how he appeared in the light just so. It complimented him well, lit his skin lightly, made his piercing eyes shine, and it all had Dorian's stomach in a knot. He swallowed. His lips parted naturally, about to brush off the thanks, the whole thing-- yet, he stopped himself this time. Sighing softly, he instead lifted one of his hands to rub the back of his head, ruffling his hair a bit in the process. "You're welcome, Akio." He tested, and decided that perhaps that was enough of a start for him. A grin made its way back to his face as he looked onto the other, warmth in his features as the sinister sort of curiosity in his eyes had finally fully given way to a more boyish sense of it. An adolescent sheen, not unlike that which Dorian found in Akio's at times.

The other's hand making contact with his was a surprise, but thankfully not enough of one to make him flinch. Instead, he watched their hands curiously, gaze moving to Akio once he had made the move to hold his once it had parted from the wall. Again warmth surged through him, and he etched into his mind the softness of the other's hand. He knew, vaguely, that it was something he wished to remember. "A human trait, eh?" He chuckled lightly, shrugging with a touch of playfulness, "I wouldn't be surprised if it were." Dorian's composure had calmed, finding the warmth of the situation oddly soothing as his earlier anxiety backed down. Akio had initiated this, decided to lift his hand for study, consented to spending time alongside him. It all made his head spin, but in a dizzy sort of human fashion he hadn't felt in quite a long time. He felt he was rather fond of it.

Dorian allowed Akio to do what he wished with his hand, instead only onlooking curiously and finding himself relishing the warmth of the other's palm pressed to his. Their hands, he found, were not all that different. As Akio spoke up, he mused that perhaps he had found something similar out. Just perhaps. As he noted that demons were made out to be cold, Dorian lifted his curious gaze to the other's face, unsure of what to make of his words. His lack of speech created a moment of silence. Then, all too quickly, the other's hand slipped away. Dorian's fingers curled as if to catch it in his own again, but upon further hesitation, did not as they both allowed their hands to drop. What he had been thinking, he didn't know,but he cursed himself for even that small gesture. What was he doing? With one quick glance at Akio, heart still warmed even as darker thoughts crossed his mind, he found his answer.

"I do still retain my human form, as very few do." He mentioned finally, also chuckling as he began to follow the other up the stairs. "I can see why we'd be described as such, though." That thought had him shaking his head a little, considering all that Akio had said. His foolishness-- did he view those moments foolish? Dorian took some heart to this, a bit of a frown forming on his face though he quickly shooed it away. He, too, had found it foolish. At least, that was what he convinced himself. "I do not... find you foolish." Dorian managed softly moments later, though he neglected to speak more on the topic. Admitting he had enjoyed the warmth of the other, holding his hand, that was beyond him. He feared he had already said too much just in that.

"The painting, the one you had stopped before," he then began thoughtfully, imagining it now as he wandered if Akio had initially meant to ask of it. "It was done by one of the court here, an artist I patron once in a while. It was the first I'd purchased for my home." He spoke casually of it, not into the details or price of it as some may, instead seeming to suggest what it meant to him. "It reminded me of humanity, in a way. Looking back at it all..." His voice trailed off a little, his hand again raising to rub the mark he knew lie hidden beneath his collar bone. It ached in times of his thoughts on the subject, a phantom pain from when he received it. Life could be both beautiful and cruel, but for Dorian it had certainly been fleeting. At least, his human life had been.

As they arrived at the top of the stairs, Dorian caught up to Akio, stepping up beside him as they reached the second floor.

Halloween hangout + contests!