View Single Post
April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM

{ I see what you did there, Wavski. And I wanted to wait until someone else posted, but, like.. it's been a couple days. }

Grrrrooooowwwwlllllllllll.

Fleta's ears perked up at the sound. What was that dreadful rumbling? A few seconds later, she heard it again. It came from her human. She gave a low, soft nicker as if laughing and made a few well-placed nudges to wake the man from his slumber.

"Five more minutes.." came a mumbled reply. The Gypsy Vanner would not accept it and so she moved to get up.

Zamir stirred, albeit begrudgingly. Crack-of-dawn mornings like this were his enemy ever since he was little. It especially didn't help that he had low blood pressure. He remembered his governess, Prisca [that lovable old hag], and how she'd constantly nagged him to get up and get ready for the day. Thinking back, she probably knew all too well that he stayed up all night playing with the stableman's kids and that was his punishment.

The young Emperor's stomach rumbled again. Perhaps it was all for the best that he woke up now, after all.

"Thanks Fleta," he said while yawning. She brushed her mouth against his face in acknowledgement before expectantly staring at her empty hay rack. With a light chuckle he obliged her and filled it up, giving a carrot treat when she finished and having a few himself. He then cleaned her lot, brought her outside for some fresh air and cold water, and was in the middle of grooming her when the castle's own stable-hand arrived.

The older man was genuinely surprised to see someone there that early. They talked and worked on the other horses together for a while until Zamir's stomach interrupted an hour or so later. With a "kiss" on the nose and a small pat on the rump, he sent Fleta off into the pastures before making his way back to the castle.

It was the youth's turn to be surprised when he entered the kitchen. He knew he took a little more time to arrive because he stopped to hunt rabbits, but he didn't think someone else was already making breakfast. It seems he'd interrupted a conversation, too.

"Oh," he began, hiding his haul behind him with a sheepish grin. "Excuse my, ah, intrusion."

{ WOOHOO. Please forgive the crappy quality.

Edit: And hi Tri, I just realized you posted right before me. XD }

Last edited by April; 05-07-2012 at 02:18 PM..