View Single Post
BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-18-2010, 03:42 AM

91. Drowning

"God. You're an idiot. I always new that about you of course, this just really brings it home." Carmella said, looking down at the man flailing in the De Rosencourte family pool. "How is it possible that you can't swim?" She asked, slipping her cover up off and sliding into the water at the other end of the pool, far from the medium size waves that the American was creating.

"Shut the hell up!" Max replied, flailing to the side of the pool, so that he could hold on long enough to speak to Carmella. "You're an evil evil girl you know that?" Max asked, pouting at his recent girlfriend and longtime enemy, Carmella De Rosencourte. "Most people would help when they saw their lover drowning. Not Carmella." Max added, more to himself than Carmella, "Bitch." He finished, letting go of the side of the pool, promptly sinking like a rock.

"Ah!" Carmella gasped, "Most lovers? Most lovers can fucking swim! Dumbass!" She responded, making her way over to where Max had sunk down, reaching down harshly and yanking Max up by his hair. "This is the shallow end you idiot. Just stand up." She said in a flat tone, letting him sink back slightly, where he came to rest on his knees.

"I was practicing! Angelus and Doyle want us to go to fucking Cuba Carmella. And they want us to Swim there!" Max shouted in disdain, before regaining control of himself and laying back down in the water, doing the only move that he was familiar with, 'please god don't let me die' flail.

"It's called covert ops Kane. I'd think you'd be familiar." Carmella replied, coming to float at his side. "Well, since we're being dropped from the 'copter about two miles off shore, you'll need to swim that entire distance." Here she snorted, "and don't expect me to help you."

"I don't need your help!" Max shouted back, but the statement betrayed him, because in order to say it he broke his concentration, stopped flailing and ultimately sunk again. Carmella pulled him up once more, laughing his reddened and waterlogged face, dropping a harsh kiss on his lips almost against her will.

"Since I don't want you to drown, we better start practicing. Dumbass."

They spent the rest of the day in the massive pool, going from end to opposite end. Max ultimately learned how to swim well enough to reach Cuba, but only fueled by Carmella's constant heckling.