Thread: The Classics
View Single Post
Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 01:47 PM

What are some of your favorite "classics"? What classics are on your reading list?

I want to read "1984," and I'm interested in the work of Alan Watts. I feel like I should read Tolstoy but I never have.

Robert Louis Stevenson is one of my favorites. I love classic monster stories (especially "Dracula," but I LOATHE "Frankenstein" - an utter bore), and he wrote "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." My favorite of his works, though, is "The Beach of Falesá."

I love Jane Austen, but I haven't read all of her work. "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my favorites, but for film adaptations I prefer "Sense and Sensibility" with Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, and Hugh Grant.

Edgar Rice Burroughs is another of my favorite authors. I like "Tarzan," but I really love his classic sci fi series that begins on Barsoom (Mars). Disney made a "John Carter" movie, a film adaptation of "A Princess of Mars," but it was a huge flop. It was actually a really great movie, but why would anyone see a film called "John Carter"? They should have left it "A Princess of Mars." Maybe they were trying to attract a male audience? It's an excellent adaptation, really, but the marketing was bad.