Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-16-2017, 06:07 PM

Fane hoped the muffled voices he heard were raised with excitement. He couldn't know though, the sound proofing of the practice room was far too good for that. He took a deep breath, steeling himself, before knocking on the door and stepping through. There was a not-so-subptle tension in the air, not the good kind that could lead to heart pounding exhilirating music, but the other kind ... the dreaded kind that could lead to bands shattering or drifting off with the winds.

Not good.

Fane forced himself to remain calm and grabbed a chair for himself. He pulled it into the circle and sat down. "I'm not sure what Axel may have told you about my coming, but I hope he at least mentioned that I would only agree to this if all of you want to work with me. It wouldn't be worth it for any of us otherwise." His gaze moved to each of the OWYO members, lingering long enough for them to see, hopefully, how honest and determined he was to go through with his words.

"My name is Fane Dearborn, I've worked for a talent management company for the past few years and with such bands as Talon's Flight, Midnight, Ame Soeur and Elvendale." He listed off the names of bands which had know moderate success to one who had topped the charts and was still hanging in for a top ten spot and had done so for the past three years. "I've decided to branch off on my own and have been trying to gather clients for the past few months. If you decide to take me on, you will my first clients as an independent manager."

Ever ready, he pulled out paperwork from his briefcase and handed a copy of the contract the band would be agreeing to if they wanted to hire him. It listed the usual rules, and gave them a clear idea of his expectations and what his fee would be.

He eyed Axel for a few moments longer then necessary. That one was sure to be trouble ... All of the other band members seemed reasonable enough. Nice people, and very tolerant to have stayed with Axel for as long as it must have taken them to earn the success that they had.