View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 10-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Day 5 StoryX

-In the Research Room-
Velvet: Oh god, who even uses a research room anymore?
Salvete:Well when I was in school it was required for final papers.
Velvet: Google isn’t good enough?
Salvete Of course it was, but we had to use at least three actual physical books as well.
Velvet: I mean at least the books in here smell good.
Salvete: Kind of like that new car smell right?
They both take a deep breath to get a whiff of that old book smell.
Velvet: Oh GROSS what is that smell?
Salvete: It’s metallicy maybe. . . like… like… metal?
Velvet: That kind of simile is why this research room is helpful.
Mysterious Figure: Yes, try a thesaurus.
Velvet: yes exactly…. Wait what?!
Mysterious Figure: Perhaps try under the word blood. *grins wide and silences Salvete and Velvet.*

[line]red[/red]

-Meanwhile in the archives-
Paige: *hands the article over to the other menewshans to look over* I knew I had read something about a possible serial killer at one point.
Johnny: You’ve got to admit it’s a little exciting though. *wrinkles his nose at the dusty room*
Paige: *waves off Johnny’s obvious concern about the dusty room.* Later Johnny. *gets her serious face on* Right now it's important to talk theory! Who do you think it could be? If it’s the same killer as in that article we might have a serial killer in town and we could be the ones to solve it!
Johnny: Well if it is one of our group, my vote is on Justin. He’s so cranky and standoffish all the time.
Paige:*purses lips in thought* Yeah you think so? He’s the one who suggested it was one of our group, and everyone was always with someone.
Johnny: Not necessarily. After all, we did just find Justin standing over the dead bodies and he’d been alone when the power went out at the fire department.
Paige: *shocked* Oh my goodness, you’re right! Anyone could have been moving around in the dark in the police station too! But how does that explain the log cabin.
Johnny: Their was a door leading outside from the kitchen right next to the door to the living room. Remember? He could have slipped in and out easily I bet!
Paige: Just wait until I tell Riley! He’s going to love this.
Johnny: Great let’s go find the others. And Paige, I will be back to clean this disaster when this adventure is over. How could you have let the archives get this dusty.

-meanwhile in the Kid’s room-

Jacque: Hey, how ya handling the evening babe?
Beth: To be honest I’m pretty frightened but it’s comforting to know I’ve surrounded by friends who will protect me.

Jacque: *checks to make sure no one will overhear them* Remember those silver earrings I gave you?
Beth: *uneasily looks around* They’re at home in my jewelry box. Can we not talk about those here please?

Jacque: *nervously* Did you get them engraved?
Beth: *annoyed* Can you drop it? I didn’t get them engraved okay.

Jacque: *relieved he smiles and gives her a quick hug* Why do we have to be so secretive babe?
Beth: *looks away* It’s just going to take some time okay. It’s a little too complicated at the moment.

Jacque: *gives her another quick hug and then pulls away* Okay let’s go meet up with the others.

Back in the reception room Lindsey and Artimis walk in arguing after having been searching the library.

Lindsey: Come on Artimis, one little makeover. You’ll be fine! Your attire is atrociously messy all the time.
Artimis: Not messy Lindsey. It’s casual. And i like my attire how it is. Simple and relaxed just like me.

Detective Shadami walks in from outside the building.

Shadami: All is clear outside. Where is everyone?
Lindsey:*points at the message on the wall* We all went around the library to search.

Shadami: And who is the ‘little friend.’

As Detective Shadami asks her question , Paige, Johnny, Beth, Jacque, Justin, Riley, and Diana all return to the reception area.
Justin: Oh that would be Cecilia. She went missing tonight.

Shadami: *shocked* That’s impossible! Jeryck and Cessy are out of town right now!

Riley: *flabbergasted* What?! But?! He called me tonight to go looking for her!
Diana: Why would he have called you anyways? Who was the call from?
Riley: Well the caller I.D. said it came from a phone at town hall.

Shadami: Well we need to get over there right away and look for clues as to who actually called you! *pauses and looks around* Wasn’t there more of you earlier?

Everyone looks around and realize the group from the research room hasn’t returned yet and everyone runs to the room and finds the next batch of slaughtered Menewshans.

Shadami: This prooves it. There is a serial killer somewhere in this town hunting us down and we need to get to the bottom of this before they strike again! To the town hall everyone! We need to find where the impersonator was calling from and see if we can get any evidence on them!

Day 5 ResultsX

Library
You’re kind of sick of dusty old books that have useless information in them. Why did you decided to go search more of them? Ugh. You flip through book after book, but nothing has anything helpful to get you out of the situation you’ve found yourself in tonight. Some rich town people sure lost a bunch of loose change as they searched through these books though.
(+200 gold)

Janitors Closet
The usual things you expected in a Janitor’s Closet are inside: mops, buckets, brooms, chemicals in squirt bottles, and one unexpected thing. There is a box of lost and found things. You poke through it and find a bunch of things that look like they could belong to some well known people in town. Unless maybe they’re lost Halloween cosplay costumes. No one will really miss them in that case.
(Peeblo’s Laundry Heist)

Meeting Room
You explore the meeting room in the town hall and discover that someone has left behind, a purse. Searching through it out of curiosity you find the very earrings that Paige was arguing with Jacque about! L.J.L.J.L.J is engraved all the way around the silver ball earrings. I wonder who it belongs to? You dig through and find a wallet also left behind. It’s Lindsey’s purse! You look guiltily over at her where she is searching a wall and place everything back in the bag.
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Grand Hall
This is a room that is often used for small claims court, or have things redecorated for private parties. You, Jacque, Diana, and Paige have decided to explore the room. There are no phones to be seen, but Diana stumbles upon a book of proverbs on the floor with bookmarks sticking out of it.
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Council Chamber
The council chamber is filled with benches and a big judges table that has a shiny gavel on it. But you should have know there would be no phone here. The only thing to be found is some coffee cups lain forgotten and a bunch of dusty old legal paperwork.
(Office Life)

Court Room
Someone really made a killing in here! Look at that pile of gold someone had to pay out for one of their crimes. It’s already redeemed and is labeled to go to charity! SWEET. You can be a charity recipient! Double sweet, that means you can take some of that sweet pile of gold for yourself right now!
(+1000 gold)

Gents Room
You have joined the graveyard – See story
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Ladies Room
You search the ladies room quickly determining that there’s no one else in there, maybe even getting a much needed break yourself after the crazy night. But when you go to the sink you let out a scream seeing a bug crawling on it. After a moment of panic you realize that it’s actually a pair of earrings. Taking a deep breath you pocket them to find out who they belong to once this crazy night is over.
(Random Scarab Earrings)

Where is everybody?X

-- Library
Star2000shadow
Ghostpastry
Evilcupcakecat
Suona
Zigbigadorlube
Dystopia
Salvete
Velvet
Hadsvich
Kiari
Xo~GREMLIN~oX
-- Janitors Closet
Miscreant74
HIM_ROCK
-- Meeting Room
Sadrain
-- Grand Hall
Kay
Damia Flagg
Kamikaze Kendra
Musasgal
Dragoness129
Kent
Superzombiepotatoe
Roachi
Wish
Monstahh’
*hime*
-- Council Chamber
xoxoAngiexoxo
Naisou
GummyBearKisses
-- Court Room
Midian
Professor Lily
Woodlandnymph
Mimmu
Xogizmoox
-- Gents Room
Razor
Vox
Nephila
-- Ladies Room
Emma Corrin
Eastriel

Last edited by Shadami; 11-01-2017 at 10:23 PM..