View Single Post
Oaklight

Old 11-02-2017, 08:40 PM

appearance:

name: Hui Hsueh

The cold ceramic pressed into my shoulders, easing me into consciousness. I open my eyes, blearily, taking in my surroundings. I find myself in an unfamiliar bathroom. Where am I...
I think about when I last recall being conscious. I remembered the day being mundane. My sister had bougt a bread cooker for our new apartment; we spent most of the day learning how to use it, and lounging with tv. I thought I remembered falling asleep with the tv still playing. I had a feint recollection of my sister waking me to run an errand late, but it was so hazy, the memory could've been a dream. Was that yesterday? or did I black out for an entire day...? is that even possible? My eyes stung as I blinked them, how long was I out?
I sit up and look around, but see no windows. Pulling myself off the ground, I run the tap and splash my face with cold water, taking a moment to wonder what floor I might be on. I turn to the door, which is slightly ajar, but hardly enough to see though. A dull light emits from the door, enticing me to move forward. I don't, I just stare for a bit.
Dark thoughts creep in... the stories of cold case files, a program my mother actively watched, rang through me, giving me a strange anxiety. I try to rationalize the situation... wearing the same pajamas I had fallen asleep in, I didn't notice any bruises or marks, but I wouldn't have come here on my own accord. I look around again, the bathroom is cold, and empty, although I didn't feel alone. "-hello...", my voice barely escapes, and a nausea sets in. I move forward and take a deep breath before tugging on the door, peering into the adjacent room.
Too my surprise, a Victorian style room stages ahead of me. Was this even real? I thought, this is the kind of room I'd dream about... so I must be dreaming? A table was set in the center of the room. I make my way too it, with a new anticipation. My chest felt tight. A note on the table read:

Welcome To A Game Of Chance
Number Five

A game? I love games... I grab the die, inspecting it. A red die, with five dots on each side. I wonder what kind of game my weird brain came up with? I thought of the possibilities as I skipped towards the open door, to an ominous hallway.

Last edited by Oaklight; 11-25-2017 at 10:48 PM..