View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-15-2015, 09:42 AM

Bran was about to respond, but he paused when Matthew held up a hand, obviously indicating for him to be quiet. He leaned forward, squinting at him and straining his ears. He wanted to hear what was going on. Worried about his brother, no doubt...well...they were both worried about their respective brothers. Edgar could handle himself--he could hold his own...but he did have mental problems. Just like Edgar fussed about him, Bran fussed about Edgar.

Back at the apartment, the aforementioned blonde had already returned to his video games. Now...he seemed rather determined to ignore Yuuichi. He knew now that the younger male was there, watching him...and thus, he remained completely silent. Normally, he spoke to himself often when he played video games like this. But now...he said nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It was telling. He wouldn't do that with a practical stranger nearby.

Bran's lips were pursed together by the time Matthew hung up the phone. He took his phone back, twirling it around in his fingers. It was almost as if Chaos could sense his beloved owner's tension. The hulking dog lifted his head, marigold-hued eyes fixed on Bran's contemplative face. He didn't exactly want to say anything negative against Yuuichi, especially in front of Matthew...but he was extremely protective of Edgar. Even unintentionally upsetting Edgar could earn the other set of brothers a strike in Bran's book.

Edgar was all he had. And he would fight to the death to protect him.

"...Until he knows about Ed's issues, Yuuichi should steer clear of him." There was a hint of unease in his voice. Was there something Bran wasn't sharing with his new roommates? "Edgar, uh...he's got some odd quirks to go along with his mental problems. He's not used to having other people in his space. Just give him some space for a while. You should talk to your brother in the morning--better yet, tonight if you still can."

The sooner Matthew's brother understood, the easier it would be to avoid setting Edgar off.

The dark-haired man shifted uncomfortably in his seat. In an effort to steer the conversation in a more positive direction, he returned his attention to the menu. "I think I'm just gonna order some habanero chili cheese fries. They're delicious. I've gotta steer clear of the alcohol..." He sipped at the drink Lace initially brought him. "This'll be my only one. I'm not really fond of alcohol, anyway," he admitted, swirling the fruity mixed drink around. "A lot of the drinks here are super-fruity and don't taste like alcohol...so that's better for me. I hate the taste of alcohol."