View Single Post
BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 AM

bridge7112: hi ya, I wouldn't say I am an expert either, but quite a few years roleplaying, and writing about 16 years lol... And lots of life experience. But more importantly than that, reading, and watching t.v! The more stories you read, or films you watch,the larger your library of character ideas, plots etc... Can become.

There is no right or wrong really with roleplaying (apart from rude and unmannered acts and habits like god modding etc...)
And I don't like people who would tell someone that they are no good at roleplaying. We role play everyday in our real lives, how many times do you put an act on for people, either feign interest in something, or play dum to make someone happy and so on? So it is in our nature to roleplay.

Roleplaying is telling a story and telling it for fun. The only limits on what ideas and characters you can write, is down to your limits on your imagination and personality, the trick is to push those boundaries, and think outside the box, put yourself in someone else's shoes, perhaps the shoes of someone that you don't particularly like? I do try to play characters sometimes that I actually don't like, and if I met them in real life I'd probably punch them, but it helps me make more realistic characters, and ones that aren't the same as other people create. But that's me... Who or what you wish to do depends on what makes you happy, if it's not fun, don't do it!

So I'd be glad to roleplay with you anytime, or help you create something or someone no problems. But my tips are.
1. Have fun
2. Have fun