View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM

"Mister Pearson sent us. His son's getting married, and he wants the old house fixed up for a wedding present." Silent stepped aside to keep from crowding the teacher as she came to the doorway. Not that he would have minded crowding her under other circumstances. She was an unusually attractive woman for a schoolmarm. He kept those thoughts to himself, even as he unconsciously tried to pitch his voice in the educated accent that had grown foreign since leaving college and becoming a ranch hand.

The horse munched on an apple core one of the children had given it and contrived to look smug. Silent untied it and led it to the dry trough beside the well. As much as she slobbers eating apples, I wouldn't want her head in my well bucket. Not that any drool would be left to get in the bucket, as the mare decided to rub her face against his back affectionately as he drew the bucket up. She forgot her affection completely when he poured the water into the trough, and he gave her a rueful look before turning back to the teacher. "We've eaten worse for longer, though we might stop in town if the Pearson place is too far. Is there an inn in town?"

I hope there is... I don't trust Luke not to make an inappropriate comment-- or worse-- and this is a lady. A real one, not the kind who only deserve the title when it's followed by 'of the night'.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 03-17-2013 at 03:10 PM..