View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM

"Yes, ma'am... he met Miss Kate at the Governor's Ball last year, and they took to one another right off. The wedding's probably going to be here in Little Well sometime this fall. They're both young for it, but they've both got good heads on their shoulders and Boss Pearson'll start 'em off right." Silas also noticed his friends' approach, and found himself blushing as he realized he'd spoken more words to the schoolmarm in the past few minutes than he'd said to Hank and Luke in the past month. Hank and Luke aren't exactly attractive company, though. She definitely is.

"It's good to know the house is still standing, at least. We'll probably camp out there while we get things fixed up. We're used to roughing it." Silas smiled a bit at the thought of all the times he'd have welcomed a patch of ground that didn't seem to be made entirely of rocks, or a tent that didn't leak like a sieve. A house that at least kept the wind off and had some of its roof intact sounded rather heavenly by comparison. "The Pearsons are doing fine. There's big money in cattle, of course, and they've got quite a herd. They're invested in the railroads, too, and there's some talk about Boss Pearson running for governor of the territory. I guess they've been too busy to come visit."

The last of the older students finally wandered off, probably to bear that last information to their families. It occurred to Silas that the teacher would probably be the person everyone came to for information about the strangers in town, and that he'd been rude by not introducing himself. "My name's Silas, by the way. Silas Kelly. My friends are Hank Folsom and Luke Dobbs. And..." Silas frowned slightly and dropped his voice to more confidential and serious tones. "I should warn you Luke's a little rough around the edges. He doesn't mean any harm, he's just not used to civilized company."