View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Lydia pat the horse's shoulder and started toward the school house "All good news, then. I'm glad, they're good people" ...mostly... "and hard working, too. You found yourself a good boss, Mister Kelly." She paused for a moment before turning back toward him "I suppose I should show some manners... I'm Lydia Ivy... but, um... the school house isn't going to close itself down so I'd better... get to that."

Her back turned on him on him again and she ducked back into the small wooden building. 'Isn't going to close itself down...', that was poetry, Lydia, real poetry. She rubbed her face, exasperated by her poorly hidden attempt to flee from the conversation with Silas. He isn't even all that bad! Well he is a cowhand, I'm sure he's not as fine as he pretends to be around towns, but I can't even practice speaking with men without immediately putting my foot in my mouth. And what was that about his friend? Rough around the edges... How rough does he mean? Shaking her head the short blonde started closing up the windows one by one and turning a wooden stop to make sure they were latched closed. There wasn't anything really to steal from the building, but it helped ensure there weren't going to be any special guests staying the night in the little building. I can't let myself think about that sort of thing.

As the light started to grow quite dim inside with each closed and latched window her nerves calmed. It hadn't been more than a few minutes since she ducked inside, but there was so much relief in thinking she wasn't being watched anymore. With just a few more windows to close she called out from the back of the schoolhouse to Silas: "Tell your friends when they get in they're free to let their horses drink from the well trough too. I have a few more things to close this place down for the night."