View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 AM

Sam seemed to glow as Amory placed kisses on his finger then along his face as he sighed. How could he deserve this young songbird, the monster he was could only taint the beauty of this man yet here he was holding onto Sam like there was no one else in the world. “you did not have to kiss me, you did not have to return my affections, you did not need to show me what others do not see.” His eyes twinkled with the joy of what he now had. “I have had to learn all those things, I have not always been this way.”

The assassin in him whispered ’and he will be gone again as quick as you got him if he ever knows the truth about us. Better to let him love you now then leave him with the happy memories of us before he has a chance to find out.’ sighing he tried to hide the shake of his head in answer to that thought. How could he think to do that to Amory, his fragile song bird. As he watched Amory he worried he had asked something that could not be when he asked for a song, when he said yes Sam’s face broke into a smile as he waited. He did not have to wait long for the melodious tones to wash over him. Closing his eyes he became lost in the sound of his voice, his mind completely forgetting the knife in the wood and the danger it could pose. He barely felt the kiss as the high he seemed to be riding slowly let him down.

Yet it did not take long for that high to evaporate like the dew in the morning sun as he heard the gasp for fear. All of his senses going into over gear as his eyes flashed open scanning the room. He tried to understand what had broken the moment then he saw what Amory was looking at. Curse the world to ruin. How could I have forgotten it was there. standing he moved trying to reach the dagger before Amory did. “I don’t know who would, the only one that might want you dead is dead himself and no one knew I was going to be here so could not have been for me.” Reaching Amory as he pulled the dagger from the wood he wrapped his arm around Amory’s waist and pulled him into a one armed embrace as he caught the dagger as it fell in his other hand.

“Songbird, there is no way I am going to leave you here alone if others might harm you.” Flicking his wrist he sent the dagger sliding acrossed the floor into his shirt while he spoke hiding the sound of it by his words. “I would rather die here in your arms then alone in a dark room with no love.” Wrapping his arms around Amory he bent and kissed him along the neck and held him tight. “no man is going to harm you while I am here.”