View Single Post
Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM

I'm going to put it in nontraditional, sabiir. Traditional is for the classic face style of pumpkin.

ALL ADDED TO THE FIRST PAGE.

I'm going to clarify the nature of the categories, so there's no struggling when it comes to submitting the form.
  • Traditional
    These are the carved pumpkins that first come to mind when you think of Jack o' Lanterns. These have faces.
  • Nontraditional
    These are carved patterns or scenes or images that aren't faces.
  • Painted
    These are are pumpkins that have no carving involved and are all, well, painted.
  • Stenciled
    if you used a kit pattern/stencil or something prefabricated/not your design, you need to enter it in this category.

I know some of you are disappointed that you can't carve or submit whatever organic matter you have access to. I understand that frustration. However, as this is my first year doing this, literally comparing apples to oranges (to pumpkins) is not something I wanted to do in the judging. I just thought it would be too confusing and possibly unfair. I know you don't all have access to the traditional pumpkin, and I wanted to expand the scope to plants in the gourd family or even the trusty old turnip, thinking this would help, but it seems that is still limiting for some of you. I regret if this is prohibitory, but at this point such rules have to stay in place.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 11-05-2012 at 11:12 PM..