View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:30 PM

As Dorian's thoughts swirled, he lost himself and their situation in the mix. He instead dwelled upon their time at his residence-- how he had acted, how they had fallen for each other regardless, how we now needed to change.... It was all quite a bit to handle. Running a hand up through his messy red locks of hair, his golden eyes fixed themselves on a distant horizon and drifted. He had to work for this forgiveness and this fresh chance at love. He would have to prove himself worthy, and if it fell to tragedy again, god help him, then at least he had given it his all. Free hand clenching in a determined fist, the weight of his father's ring became feather-light in his other hand.

Since he had fallen into this daze, he was nearly startled when Akio placed a hand atop his. The ring sandwiched between the two, Dorian's focus broke as he turned to look at their entwined hands before shifting his gaze to Akio. The solemn kneel he took lead Dorian's eyes to draw open wider. What was this silent oath? While Dorian was greatly intrigued, he found his question lost as their gazes met and locked. There was something so passionate and awe-inspiring about this moment-- it consumed him. Warmth spread through his veins like wildfire, like never before, and washed over him in a wonderful radiance as soon as their lips met. When they did finally part and Dorian looked to Akio's face for answers about what that had been, he found it with words instead.

They were together. Wasn't that all that mattered right now? A slow, warm chuckle left Dorian's throat as he came to smile at the other man. Raising his free hand, he stroked one of Akio's cheeks lovingly. "I believe we're so different that we're complimentary. That does seem to be part of it," he spoke in agreement, then leaning in to place a warm kiss on Akio's forehead. What a silly, silly prince. But the silly prince was his, and he had a power that Dorian couldn't quite get a grasp of. Such an action again took place as Dorian felt his father's ring lifted gently from his grasp. Surprise and curiosity taking him, Dorian's golden gaze watched carefully to see as Akio slipped it around his neck, placing it right beside the amulet of his mother's. Light beside dark, and dark beside light. Both meant to protect Akio.

A weak smile claimed Dorian's lips as he looked down at the ring, realizing that Akio must've understood how much it meant to him. Perhaps it was a reminder now for Akio that Dorian had betrayed him, Dorian mused, but maybe it could become a reminder that Dorian was ready to fight as his side instead. It seemed the amulet itself even felt this notion, with no harm or rejection coming from it as Dorian's fingers gently grazed the two charms. "Alone together we shall be, then." He declared, rather liking the inspiring light Akio was displaying just now. Then, pausing, Dorian moved his slender fingers from the amulet to fully grasp the ring. While it already held some minimal magical properties, as Dorian had given it, he felt it not enough to stand beside the loving token Akio's mother had given him. His dear prince deserved better protection.

Forgetting his place in this world, his demonic form even, Dorian murmured a learned incantation quietly, eyes closing as a gentle purple aura lot the ring.

"Angele Dei,
qui custos es mei
Me tibi commissum pietate superna;
(Hodie, Hac nocte) illumina, custodi, rege, et guberna.
Amen."
("Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
To whom his love commits me here;
Ever this (day, night) be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.")

A prayer, from a demon to the gods that he be protected. With the end of his words, the ring's glow would cease, and Dorian's eyes would gently open. "A little gift, the best I can do." He explained, looking the other in the eyes for a tender moment. The seal on his chest, a permanent mark of his fall, sent a burning shiver through him. Tensing in mild discomfort, and remembering his place, Dorian thought over his mindless action for a moment. He'd just said such a prayer..?

Shaking his head at nothing in particular and ready to move on, Dorian's expression became serious as he now regarded Akio. "They'll be looking for us, and we cannot long hide. I hadn't made a contingency plan for this.... What do we do?" He questioned, uncertain of what the other would want. Dorian could get him back to the castle walls, back to immediate safety, but could he remain there at his side? And what of the threat, it could certainly come after them there, given more time.