View Single Post
Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelings

Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Got a book recommendation or five? Fill out this form as many times as you'd like and I’ll post it up here!

Quote:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Title:[/B]
[B]Author:[/B]
[B]Genre:[/B]
[B]Plot:[/B] (No spoilers, try to keep it less than or around twenty words!)
[B]Why You Love It:[/B] (Again, keep it less than or around twenty words!)[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshysMiko View Post
Title: Destiny Binds
Author: Tammy Blackwell
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy,
Plot: Well...here's the amazon page because I couldn't really summarize it D;
Why You Love It: The characters were written very well, it was humorous and heartbreaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtyn Leigh View Post
Title: The Black Tattoo
Author: Sam Enthoven
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy (Or my library says it is.)
Plot: A boy gains powers, ends up in 'hell', and fights to save his world.
Why You Love It: It goes against the 'normal' and makes you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
Title: The Bookseller of Kabul
Author: (Forgot)
Genre: Biography
Plot: An Afghan man and his family and their real life drama
Why You Love It: It's so interesting to see what things are like for people living in a different country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amice View Post
Title: The Eyre Affair
Author: Jasper Fforde
Genre:Fiction
Plot: A British police officer finds that she can read herself into books, where she finds the bookworld has it's own police force.
Why You Love It: It's got a wonderfully brilliant plot with odd circumstances and quirky characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post
Title: Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Author: M.R. James
Genre: Horror, short stories
Plot: These short stories will take you to a heart pounding landscape, which appears normal until you stray from the path...
Why You Love It: I found these stories quite by accident, but Prof. James atmosphere and images of shadows that cross between worlds has made me fall in love with his stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshysMiko View Post
Title: Iron Fey Series (Iron King, Iron Daughter, Iron Queen)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery (just my opinion lol)
Plot: A girl finds out that she's part faery and is drawn into a world full of lies, love and heartbreak.
Why You Love It: Because when I read this series, I feel like I'm a part of the world I'm reading about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgracebutterfly View Post
Title:Perdido Street Station
Author:China Mieville
Genre:Fantasy/Horror
Plot: Issac Is trying to build a Crisis engine when Yagharek a Garuda (bird person) who has had his wings cut off approaches him to use his Crisis engine to help him to fly again. This Leads Issac to some remarkable discoveries about the city he lives in.
Why You Love It: China Mieville creates an outstanding world, with very realistic characters. The writing, and the concepts in this book are just masterfully rendered. Just don't read it too late at night.

Title:The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles
Author:Haruki Murakami
Genre:Fantastic Realism/mystery
Plot: Toru has a very ordinary life until his wife Kumiko disappears, and he set out to find her with some very odd people helping him.
Why You Love It: Weird and wonderful, with some bonus History lessons from a Japanese perspective that are far from ordinary and boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
Title: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Author:Thomas Hardy
Genre: Vaguely Gothic Victorian Novel
Plot: A young woman becomes both a victim and antagonist of Victorian mores.
Why You Love It:It's very much in keeping with the Victorian literature I love, and the asides that Hardy works into the plot on the human condition are profound.

Last edited by Iltu; 08-10-2011 at 02:19 AM..