View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM

CHAPTER 29 (PART - B)end of chapter 29

After almost another hour of riding around and arguing, the Detectives finally decided that it would be much more efficient to just fly to Glasgow and hopefully obtain a car to get around in. Chang had fallen asleep but was woken up by a sudden stop and the car jolting him forward. Chang awoke just in time to catch himself with his hands before hitting the seat in front of him.
“Oops!” Thomson smiled.

“Are you ok back there Chang?” Thompson turned around to check on Chang.
“Yes, I’m fine… did the two of you finally decide how we are getting to Glasgow?” Chang replied sitting up with a yawn.
“We did indeed!” Thompson raised his chin glancing into the mirror back at Chang winking.
“Precisely!” Thomson nodded.
Chang didn’t notice Thompson’s gesture for he was too busy looking out the windows to see where they were.
“How long does it take for a ship to sail from London to Glasgow?” Chang asked curiously.
“Well…if they left last night” Thompson began to calculate in his head.
“They should probably be there by now” Thomson blurted out.
“Hopefully we can catch a flight to Glasgow” Chang replied.
“How old did you say you were Chang?” Thompson asked curiously.
“I’m twenty-three years” Chang answered.
“You’re still a babe to us” Thomson laughed.
“Thomson, that wasn’t very nice!” Thompson scolded.
“It’s ok, my mother treated me like a baby for a long time when they first adopted me. Thankfully, my brother helped train me become who I am today” Chang stopped seeing the airport in the distance.

“So you came all the way from Hong Kong?” Thomson asked.
“No, north of Honk Kong, but I was in Tibet” Chang corrected.
“What were you doing all the way up there?!” Thompson asked surprised.
“I go to finish my training up there. I wanted to become a humble servant and repay those who risked their lives for me” Chang explained.
“Who risked their lives for you?” Thomson continued.
“Tintin, Captain Haddock, Snowy, Tharkey, and my eternal spirit friend…the yeti” Chang nodded with a smile.
“A yeti?!” Thomson asked a bit in disbelief.
“Yes, he is very kind and gentle and saved my life. I owe much to him and everyone else. I dedicated my life to helping others” Chang said nobly.
“I do remember Captain Haddock retelling the tale of a yeti and what happened in Tibet” Thompson nodded.
“That’s just silly, everyone knows there’s no such thing as a yeti” Thomson laughed.
“You don’t know that!” Thompson scolded.
“It’s good that nobody believes, that means no one will come and hunt him down like a wild animal. I would have never forgiven myself if anything bad happened to my friends” Chang replied.
“That’s just too precious” Thompson said sniffling.
“Indeed” Thomson.

They continued driving for another ten minutes until they finally reached the airport. It was a busy day and many travelers were coming and going. They reached the south gate of the airport which was reserved for security clearance only. Two armed guards were posted in the guard house by the gate. Thompson slowed the car down as one of the guards walked up to the window.

“Identification please” the guard said very regally.
Thompson and Thomson produced their INTERPOL badges and handed them to the guard. The security officer looked over them carefully and made sure the photos matched.
“How do we tell the two of you apart?” the guard asked a bit confused.
“We tell you which one of us are which” Thomson replied.
“The spelling of your last name is different though it sounds the same, so you’re not related?” the security guard said eying both of them.
“That is correct sir” Thompson agreed.
“Very well then… who is this guest in your back?” he said peaking in at Chang.
“He is another agent from INTERPOL” Thompson instantly answered.
“Here are my papers sir” Chang said quickly handing the guard his INTERPOL badge and papers.
The guard took a moment and read through Chang’s papers and looked at his badge.
“You come a long way from home to fight crime…no photo on your badge, but your papers have a photo... it’s a bit old though, so where are all of you going?” the guard said knit picking.
“Trust me he’s with us and we’re going to Glasgow” Thompson emphasized.
“Very well, carry on…” the guard threw his hand up making a gesture for the other guard to raise the gate and let them pass.
“Sorry about that Chang, security here at the airports in London is really tight” Thomson apologized.
“No need to apologize, better to be safe than sorry” Chang said not offended.
They parked and entered the airport and met with more security at one of the back entrances.
“Thompson and Thomson!” another similarly dressed fellow said approaching them only he didn’t have a mustache.
“Detective Mason! How’s Scotland Yard treating you?” Thompson went over and shook his hand followed by Thomson.
“About as good as always…where are you two off to today?” he asked knowing each time he saw them they needed security passes to board a plane.
“Just Glasgow today” Thomson laughed.
“Say Mason…could you arrange a car for us up there?” Thompson asked politely.
“Of course…just don’t wreck it” he pointed his finger.
“We got this one here safe and sound” Thomson pointed back.
“Good for you gents… now who is this young man?” he asked curiously regarding Chang.

“Oh he’s a special INTERPOL agent from China” Thompson whispered.
“Is that so? And you are?” Mason said reaching to shake Chang’s hand.
“I am Chang Chong-Chen” he shook Mason’s hand politely.
“This case must be pretty huge to call agents all the way from China” Mason commented.
“So can you get us clearance?” Thompson asked.
“Sure not a problem” Mason said leading them inside.

XXXXXXXXXX

After about an hour of securing three tickets to Glasgow they were finally allowed to board the plane. Chang ended up sitting opposite of the Detectives next to some businessman. He watched as the plane took off through the window while watching the ground disappear. Chang couldn’t help to stop thinking ahead about what they were going to do when they arrived. Would they go to the port and try to find the ship immediately? Were they going to have to sneak on board? Chang kept trying to think of the different scenarios each time feeling weighed down by his own decisions and the Detectives’ own perceived inabilities.

Chang knew that he had to remain calm no matter what and that a clear head was most important when going up against an adversary. Chang thought about the Grand Abbott’s words about this foe being one of the most dangerous. Chang wondered if they were really ready to confront such a foe. Maybe focusing on the mission and escaping alive could be the wisest thing, but Chang decided he would assess the situation the moment it presented itself. Hopefully this story would have a happy ending for Mrs. Lam he thought. Chang knew a lot rode on him and couldn’t fail his people or his friends. The constant weight on him finally caused him to slowly drift to sleep.

Chang opened his eyes and suddenly he was in a small living room with Tintin. Tintin had Snowy with him and another light brown dog with a big patch of white on its chest. Tintin was having what seemed to be an emotional conversation with an older woman whom Chang had not met before. Chang sat quietly on a chair across from them watching vigilantly. He couldn’t discern exactly what they were talking about, but he knew whatever it was it seemed extremely important. Chang was nevertheless happy to see his dear friend even if it was just in a dream. Tintin seemed to notice him and smiled quietly pouring Chang a cup of tea handing it to him.

The tea was very soothing and the mood in the room began to feel a bit more relaxed. The older woman waved and smiled at Chang. They did not speak to him but only made facial gestures. Tintin didn’t look like he had aged much since last time he saw him as it had be over four years since last time they met. Snowy still looked as vigorous as ever calmly yet vigilantly watching over his master.

“Good boy Snowy!” Chang thought.

The other dog sat opposite of Snowy, but it seemed to be a bit troubled as it raised its head looking around curiously. Chang put his tea cup down and got up and began walking around in the apartment as if he too began to sense something didn’t feel right. It started to feel cold to Chang the further he walked into the apartment until he reached a bedroom. It felt really cold in there and he heard a click and looked to the window as it seemed to be opening on its own. Slowly it unlocked and opened and two unearthly looking Doberman Pincers with glassy eyes climbed in.

“Tintin!” Chang thought. Chang began to run but could only move in slow motion. After what seemed to be an eternity he made it back to the living room where Snowy and the other dog were already on alert looking back.
“Tintin! TINTIN!!” Chang shouted as loud as he could.
Tintin and the woman turned around to see their aggressors completely taken by surprise.
“TINTIN!!” Chang screamed.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 02-02-2013 at 06:52 PM..