View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 AM

Izzy sat in her chair as her mother went about, checking her supplies and everything. This nervousness and anxiety was commonplace when she left her mother for trips and such in which her mother didn't know the adult(s). It was a little bit annoying, but she had grown used to it. She knew that it was especially taxing on her mother because she hadn't known that she wouldn't be able to accompany her paralyzed daughter.

"You'll be sure to find someone who will help you out?" her mother asked, zipping her bag up again for what had to be the millionth time. A small checklist sat nearby, the items crossed and recrossed out dozens of times.

"Yeah, mom," she replied, nodding her head as she wheeled herself over to give her a hug. "I promise, okay? I'll be fine, honest. I'm sure someone will help me out if I need it, so don't worry so much."

Her mom chewed her lip before answering as bent down to give Izzy a tight hug. "I suppose you're right. Just be careful. I love you and I'll see you at the end of the summer." Then she stood, still biting her lip, and turned to leave, the attendant helping her off the plane. She waved as she left though, prompting Izzy to smile slightly. Her mother always told her that she didn't do it often enough, so it always made her relaxed and happy when she did.

As her mother left, Izzy took another good look at her surroundings. The interior of the aircraft was obviously very expensive; the wooden paneling alone had to cost several hundred dollars. Add in the flat screen that hung from the ceiling, the white carpet, and the fancy chairs, and you had at least a thousand five hundred. Drinks and food were more then. It was absolutely mind-boggling that this was a free trip with no strings attached.

Glancing out the window, she wondered what had happened to some of the other guys. She had seen several of them in the terminal, picking them out simply by how different they seemed, though the pass around their necks had helped greatly. They had arrived first, but she passed through first. Had it been because of her paralysis? Lord she hoped not. That would be awful.

She wondered if anyone had guessed that she would be on the plane as well. Her pass had hung from the armrest of her chair, so it wasn't really conspicuous. But she was wearing her Girl Scout Uniform and Venturing shirt, which she figured would make a good conversation starter. Really, her Girl Scout Uniform was just a tan skirt and vest, the vest holding all of her patches and awards, while the shirt was a sage green, short-sleeved shirt. Typically, her medals would've been pinned on the shirt, but as the vest went over it, they were put there instead.

As she waited, she wheeled herself over to the television area, grabbing the remote and flicking on the television before going through the channels to find something interesting to watch. If someone came in and requested a different channel, she probably wouldn't deny it, regardless of her opinion towards the requested channel. She really did want to try and make friends on this vacation. That was one of the reasons her mom sent her.