Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 09-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Chance was engrossed in his work, so when Erwan came up he didn't really notice or if he did it didn't seem to bother him. He had told Erwan the truth when he said that he would still be there in the village working and not using the chance to run away from them. The larger male looked up, giving a small smile before he turned his attention back to the victims. Satisfied that he had taken care of everyone that needed it. "Working does that to you," he said teasingly as he flashed him that normal smile he had since they met each other only hours ago. "I had planned too. Once the work was done. You see the thing about being a doctor...if I take a break with plenty of people left needing to be taken care of then some could die or end up worse. Leading and convincing people has nothing to do with having to take care of those who need it." His words were soft, not meant to convince Erwan but meant to let him know that he felt those were two seperate things. He watched the older male crouch next to him, looking at the boy before letting him run off to his older sister. Chance reached a hand out, brushing the hair back from Erwan's eyepatch as he stroked it with his thumb in an affectionate gesture. "Are you warming up to me? If so that is a relief cause I thought you both hated me." He chuckled, letting his hand drop before resting his head on the dragon rider's shoulder, taking a moment to rest as he closed his eyes. "You seem to have that same quality as well..."