Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 12-31-2017, 02:05 AM

Hayden smiled brightly, glad he'd made Chance so happy. "I never wanted to be part of the guard... My mother never bonded with a dragon. She ended up working in the infirmary and hatcheries instead... I was bound at birth- a rarity, apparently. Liyiath hatched a while before I was born, and he wouldn't leave my mothers side... everyone thought she'd finally found her dragon. As soon as I was born, though, he switched his attentions from my mother to me. We've grown together. As such, we're much closer than most other dragons and riders... My fate was sealed for me before I was even born. Staying close to my mothers side, I learned everything I could in the infirmary, helping where I was allowed. When I hit 15, they started training me for the guard, as they usually do for those bound young. I still spent all of my free time helping the ill and injured, though... which is why the injuries I saw today didn't phase me quite as much as they would have otherwise." He said, clinging to the older male.

"My father was a guard, but he died when I was young, on a raid... another reason I never wanted to serve..." He added. "I'd much rather help than harm... But most of the others do not share those sentiments. Many of the guard would love to see you and the rest of the rebels annihilated. I can try to figure out which may be willing to help... but it will take time. I'm not exactly popular with the others, because of my disinterest in the guard. For now I can pass on messages to you and yours about other raids being planned... If you can get even some villagers out of harms way...."

Last edited by Rhys Luna Emweise; 12-31-2017 at 02:10 AM..